Search Unity

Mecanim animation not working

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Octo-Games, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Octo-Games

Octo-Games

Hello everyone,

it's been 2 week that i'm trying to fix my problem , i searched on google and find nothing helpful

here is my problem , i'm trying to animate my character with mecanim
    i use different animation but they don't work

-It work with animation wich are in the model (allready rigged )
    -It work with the mecanim demo

You can see here my character don't animate:

Here is the animation controller (wich work with in model animation)

Here is my model being animated by the render of the animation

Here is my character working with the mecanim locomotion demo

Hope you can help me because it's starting to be really frustrating

2. medhue

medhue

I would check both the rig of the animation, and the rig of the model, and make sure they are both using the same rig.

3. Octo-Games

Octo-Games

But any animation are not working even the animation from the mecanim locomotion demo , starting from the moment when i use them with my controlller and in my project, it stop working.

it's a rig fully compatible with these animation , i don't get what's wrong .

4. medhue

medhue

It could be a number of things blad00x. It could be that your inputs aren't set up right, which has nothing to do with whether the animations is right. As far as rigs go, there are a number of options, but the good thing, is that most of them can all be converted to the same rig you are using, or the Humanoid rig. Check each animation, and avatar's rig in the Inspector on the right.

5. Octo-Games

Octo-Games

it work when i use builded in animation (in the fbx file of character) but when i use external animations trought mecanim it don't work , the animation is set on humanoid and not legacy , i tried to use raw cap directory of animation but they seem not to work as any other external animations.

6. Octo-Games

Octo-Games

Anyone have an idea ?

7. SoftwareGeezers

SoftwareGeezers

Test other models and setups. Start with a very basic Mecanim and make sure you can get that working. Then try it with a controller just moving an objoect. Then try a very simple skeleton-rigged mesh. That'll narrow down the problem with Mecanim or your model or something else.

If you've tried everything, can you make the object available for others to try?

8. Octo-Games

Octo-Games

So i finally managed to make it work but still don't know why it wasn't working.
    All i did was to add a new animation component to the controller and then all animations started to work....

really strange but it work now so it's the most important

theANMATOR2b likes this.