Search Unity

Mecanim animation not applying

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Deleted User, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi! I'm teaching myself Unity, and I'm mashing a few tutorials together to try to make a simple 3rd person shooter. I've been following this tutorial (http://video.unity3d.com/video/7362044/) for animating my main character, which has worked great, but now I'm trying to apply the same techniques to an alien adversary. I've done exactly the same as with the main character, using a model from the asset store which is ready for mecanim, and I've set up a script to control the motion and animation of the alien. The alien moves around as expected, but no animation is applied whatsoever, and there are no error messages from unity at all. When I look in the animator-view while running the game, I see that the animation-blending and the script works just like expected, so it's just a matter of it not being applied to the mesh somehow. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong? Sorry to be so vague.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2013
  2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Never mind, there must have been something wrong with the model, I tried with another one and it worked just fine :)

3. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

Check the import settings on the other model. Make sure it's set to "Humanoid" (on the Rig tab), and the avatar definition is "Create From This Model."

If all that's set, then yeah, it sounds like there may be something wrong with the model — I'd contact the vendor for help.