Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Mecanim add state dynamically

Discussion in 'Animation' started by roamcel, Oct 3, 2013.

1. roamcel

roamcel

Hello all,

I've been looking ages for a way to create a new state dynamically, to basically create a dynamic animation controller. But with no results.

My issue is that I can get the motion for a certain state, since I can iterate through the animator and animator controller states, but the motion is referred to the original modelimporter fbx, and not the actual animationclip applied to the avatar of the animator.

Is there a way to get the actual animationclips that are 'created' for the animator controller avatar?
    And more to the point, is it possible to dynamically add a state, and assign a motion to it so that it's "modeled" for that avatar? (transitions are a consequence, and of no interest in this question for now).
    It is unclear how an fbx modelimporter clip becomes an avatar animationclip.

Thanks.

2. roamcel

roamcel

Anybody knows if there's a direct channel with support? Doesn't look like this subject is very popular.
    I obviously expect to take ages, but an official, late reply is better than no reply.