Search Unity

Measured Materials Library is unusable in HDRP

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by aalmada, Sep 30, 2019.

1. aalmada

aalmada

I imported the full Unity Measured Materials Library and I'm using some of its materials in a HDRP scene. I followed the instructions to add the Diffusion Profile, that comes with the Library, to the Diffusion Profile List of the HDRP Asset.

I keep getting the error:
    Failed to upgrade the diffusion profile node value, reseting to default value.
    To remove this message save the shader graph with the new diffusion profile reference.
    UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:BuildPlayerAndRun()

I replaced the Diffusion Profile in the list for the newly generated one and reimported the ShaderGraphs folder but the error persists.

I noticed the scene root node has a *. I tried saving it, closing the editor and reopening it, but the * persists there...

Unity 2019.2.6f1
    High Definition RP preview-6.9.1
    Unity Measured Materials Library 1.0

2. antaoalmada

antaoalmada

After some digging, I found that I have to open FabricSuede in the ShaderGraph and set the Diffussion Profile in the node with the same name.

I still have another error:
    Shader error in 'Shader Graphs/Wood': 'GetAmbientOcclusionFactor': output parameter 'aoFactor' not completely initialized at /Users/antao/Documents/augmentedretail2/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@6.9.1-preview/Runtime/Material/StackLit/StackLit.hlsl(67) (on d3d11)

Compiling Fragment program with DECALS_3RT SHADOW_LOW USE_CLUSTERED_LIGHTLIST DEBUG_DISPLAY
    Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR

I found a workaround some days ago but it's annoying that it keeps returning. Double click on the error message and add the following to the end of the
    GetAmbientOcclusionFactor method:

Code (CSharp):
    1. aoFactor.directSpecularOcclusion = float3(0.0, 0.0, 0.0);

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    CommunityUS likes this.