Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

MCSMaleLite with Ethan controller

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by iacoposk8, Feb 27, 2017.

1. iacoposk8

iacoposk8

Hello everyone! I created a new project in unity where I imported the assets:
    Characters (Ethan)
    MCSMaleLite
    I dragged in MCSMaleLite scene

Then I dragged ThirdPersonAnimatorController (found in Assets \ Standard Assets \ Characters \ ThirdPersonCharacter \ Animator) in MCSMaleLite> Animator> Controller

Then I dragged ThirdPersonCharacter.cs and ThirdPersonUserControl.cs (found in Assets \ Standard Assets \ Characters \ ThirdPersonCharacter \ Scripts) in MCSMaleLite

When I play I see the character who falls to the ground with the right animation then remains crouching, and if I press the arrows remain crouched and rotates on the spot

Attached Files:

2. iacoposk8

iacoposk8

3. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

What is the rig type for the new character?

Some times with this type of character swap attempt - the code/scripts for the characters (m3d char manager and ThirdPersonCharacter.cs and ThirdPersonUserControl.cs) are directly coupled to the original character they were used on.
    Unfortunately I've not used either of the systems mentioned and I'm not a coder, so I can't assist on how to solve, but I'd suggest looking at the scripts first to see if you can see errors in the code - hard coupled to the original characters/rig.

Second - as you described the character in a "crouched" position - this is commonly the effect of the new characters avatar not being set up correctly. Check the new characters avatar and make sure all the bones are assigned. And, all the animations have the correct avatar definitions - the new characters avatar.
    Avatar info can be found in the learn section.

Third - look up Kubold - he creates anim sets on the asset store and has some video tutorials on how to replace the character he provides in the anim sets with custom characters developers create. Even though you are working with the standard 3rd person controller and a MCS character, the workflow to exchange characters should be 'similar' to his workflow. Pay close attention to the directions he provides about avatar setup, because this is probably the missing element to the problem you are experiencing.

4. iacoposk8

iacoposk8

Thank you so much response. In the coming days I will watch the tutorials.
    They are not bound to use this road, I traveled only because I thought it was a good idea :)
    Because even I'm not good at programming the controller and animations, it would be interesting to know if I can recommend an asset, where to drag controller, animator, animation inside a model MCSMaleLite

5. tgentry

tgentry

Third Person Motion Controller by Ootii is a one click asset that will get you going with little work. Well you do have to make two more choices after you use the menu item, but it is as easy as 1,2,3. I can use this and MCS and have a working 3rd person in less time than it takes to install the assets. Go check out his videos and see for yourself.

theANMATOR2b likes this.