Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Maze generator using DFS algorithm not working

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by monschraktor, Aug 8, 2020.

1. monschraktor

monschraktor

I am trying to make a maze generator using DFS algorithm.
    Below is my code.
    https://github.com/mocha4coding/Maze/blob/master/MazeGenerator.cs
    In the StartAlgorithm method, whenever the currentCell has no univisted neighbor, the neighbors.Count should be zero. Therefore neighbors.Count > 0 will be false and it should enter the else part.
    But for some reason, neighbors.Count is never zero, and rather contains points to the very first grid(The one with gridPos = 0,0)[SCREENSHOT ATTACHED]
    Can someone tell me the reason why?
    (I am more of a C++ coder and still a noob about C#. Any sort of help is appreciated. )
    (The DFS implementation might appear weird because i am pushing elements twice, but it works, I saw it somewhere on leetcode and works everytime.)

Attached Files:

2. Elango

Elango

It looks like a problem in GetUnvisitedNeighbor logic.
    You create a new instance (which will have position (0,0) by default)
    Cell neighbor = new Cell();

and then add it to the list of possible neighbors even if the #_adjacent cell fails the test for presence in the grid ((4,1) for example)
    neighborsList.Add (neighbor);

and checking it only for the fact that it is not present in the visited list. Of course it won't be there.
    Try putting a second IF block inside the first for each adjacent check.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    eisenpony likes this.
  3. monschraktor

monschraktor

@Elango Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My code is working properly now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eisenpony likes this.
unityunity