Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Maybe a problem with the dev version from Win11?

Discussion in '2023.1 Beta' started by Farcilo, Aug 30, 2022.

1. Farcilo

Farcilo

upload_2022-8-30_22-29-51.png

If I click on some menu options after about 3-4 bar, the above error will occur when I click on the menu options again.But if I restart the unity editor, it will return to normal 3-4 times and then the problem will recur.
    I never had this issue before updating the latest dev version of Win11 last week.

upload_2022-8-30_22-37-31.png

Interestingly, I can click and view the InSpector of the gameObject, or click on any message under Console, but I can't open the menu by right-clicking, nor can I open the file, editor, window, etc. menu above.

upload_2022-8-30_22-42-26.png

I also noticed a strange circle in the upper left corner that only exists in the Unity editor window, not in any other window.
    I am from China and there may be something wrong with the translation of English, please forgive me

Attached Files:

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Are you by any chance on Windows 11 Insider Preview version build 25188?

3. Farcilo

Farcilo

upload_2022-9-3_0-10-57.png
    I updated to this version today and still have this problem, but I feel that there may be a problem with my settings, but I have reset my computer and re-download unity, this problem still exists, is there any good way to completely format the computer?

4. Farcilo

Farcilo

Is there some settings for unity that are located in some place on the C drive, how do I clear these old settings?

5. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

There's stuff under %localappdata%\Unity and %appdata%\Unity but I don't think that is what is causing it. I'd suggest reverting to a non-insider version of Windows for now as there have been multiple reports coming from that insider version of Windows.

6. Farcilo

Farcilo

If this directory is one that I've cleaned up, then I suggest you check if Windows has made changes to desktop apps in the new version.One piece of advice to offer is: in the circle in the top left corner that I showed above, I didn't find it in any other desktop app

7. Farcilo

Farcilo

upload_2022-9-15_22-10-53.png
    I'm happy to tell you that this issue was fixed after I just updated the latest dev version, and now that my right click won't get a bunch of bugs, I'm excited to continue my game creation.
    But the strange circle in the upper left corner is still there, and he even has a small shadow! I've never found this thing on any Windows software

8. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Thanks for the report! We actually just tested 25201 and were going to suggest people update to that since we couldn't repro it there!