Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Maya suport broken

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Kolgrima, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Kolgrima

Kolgrima

Maya .mb and .ma file support appears to be completely broken in 2.6, bit of a problem if your entire studio happens to use Maya the problem was observed when using 2008 so I am unsure as to whether or not it happens with any other versions of Maya. This was never a problem with 2.5 .mb and .ma file worked perfectly.

Cheers

2. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Hiya,

Please email in your exact PC configuration, Maya versions and some example .ma and .mb files to support@unity3d.com. We'll take a look. We regularly import artwork into Unity in one of our test rigs, but it's certainly possible we have missed something, so please help us!

Kind regards,
    Graham

3. zumwalt

zumwalt

Graham, this might help, Maya 2008 can be installed in 2 modes, first is full blown application mode which is what my desktop has, second is developer mode which includes the core, all files needed for the fbx pipeline to work, and all coding files. On my laptop for instance, I only have the developer mode installed, this works with 2.5.1 and the conversion, but with 2.6.0f7, this does not work and this is where the problem is.

I just moved my project I have a screen shot of from my MacBook Pro with the pipeline installed to my iMac with the full blown Maya 2008 installed and the items are working on the iMac, but not working on the MacBook Pro.

Unfortunately I do not use TimeMachine on the laptop so I can't roll back to 2.5.1 on it for further testing, but this appears to be the breaking point.