Search Unity

Maya MCC (Geo Cache) Vertex problem.

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by XeOniFiCaTiOn, Sep 5, 2014.

1. XeOniFiCaTiOn

XeOniFiCaTiOn

Hi Guys,

I'm working on importing geometry caches (MCC) from Maya to Unity 3d. I have written a piece of code that decodes every byte of the MCC file and spits out Vector3's for each Vertex from the cache file. I am then using a coroutine to call every fame to change all the vertices of the model. I am finding a bit of a difficulty to achieve a perfect output as i figured out 2 things:

1. Vertex indexing of Maya is very different from Vertex indexing of Unity 3d.
    2. Vertex counts of Maya do not match the Vertex counts of the same model in Unity 3d.

Any help or ray of light on this topic would be of great help. Thank you!

2. MikeUpchat

MikeUpchat

I had a go at this a long time back and found the same problems, spent ages trying to figure out a system and got something working only to run into the next real show stopper for me being smoothing groups and vertex seams causing problems with normals so I gave up and got an asset from the asset store that works perfectly.

XeOniFiCaTiOn likes this.
  3. raf2205

raf2205

hi XeOniFiCaTiOn,
    I am trying decode .mcc file from maya..
    I understand if you can't share your code but if you a few tips on how to proceed to decode .mcc, that would be very helpful.
    thx