Search Unity

Maya LT not registering characters animation on key frames.

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Unlimited_Energy, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Unlimited_Energy

Unlimited_Energy

Please someone help. I cannot find an answer anywhere online. Maybe this is just specific to maya or a beginner mistake for animation but I will manipulate my model then save the keyframe on the time line in maya and go to play the animations at the end and it just cycles threw my keyframes on my timeline and the model just sits there. If I click on a keyframe it docent change the model either. For some reason the keyframes act like I never even rotated or translated my models position.

I am TEARING MY FCKING HAIR OUT GUYS :) I will film a video if I have too

2. Unlimited_Energy

Unlimited_Energy

Still working on this. It makes no sense why this is not working. NO matter what I select or how I pose my model and input a keyframe I hit play at nothing happens. All those keyframes I input and bendign and rotating of my model dose nothing. It stays in the current pose and the time line just plays threw all the keyfames without my model animating. 5 straight hours of no progress

3. Jself

Jself

Can you post a video of your process? That would help alot.

Unlimited_Energy likes this.
  4. Unlimited_Energy

Unlimited_Energy

5. Jself

Jself

I am generally new to Maya myself. Only been using it for a year. but one thing I noticed about your process and mine. Is that you didn't have the "Autokey" turned on (The key icon in the bottom right).

I always have that on for animating. So that would be the first thing I would suggest doing for troubleshooting purposes.

It also seems like you are placing keyframes on the mesh itself, rather than the controls. Select the control, animate it, and keyframe on the selected control or controls.

6. Unlimited_Energy

Unlimited_Energy

Thanks man. Thats what was wrong. I need to make a character set for the controllers. Im new to maya and unity in general. Its cheaper as of now for me to purchase models and animate them.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  7. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

This is such a rookie mistake!!

And it's also a veteran mistake! :)
    Still to this day I sometimes forget to turn on autokey - but at least now my reaction and revelation time has dropped to about 30 seconds. It''s just a little reminder when you think you have everything working smoothly - your not in total control - never!

8. Jself

Jself

I think there is a setting in maya to have it always on by default. I am pretty sure that is what I did, if it does exist.

9. Unlimited_Energy

Unlimited_Energy

there is a way to turn it on forever. My issue was I did not know you had to set the keyframe for every controller you use. So I need to make a character set so I can do "pose animation"