Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Maya import: loop some animations, not others

Discussion in 'Animation' started by mranger, Aug 1, 2019.

1. mranger

mranger

I've been trying to do this simple thing for a while and I just can't get it. I'm importing a Maya animated model into Unity, with some parts that I want the animation to just play once and some parts I just want to loop. Each animation is on its own object. I've tried everything I've found online to do this and can't. What's weird is that in Xcode, it's just a checkbox called loop. I've tried FBX and .mb. Thanks in advance.

2. Baste

Baste

There's a checkbox in the animation tab of the model importer.

upload_2019-8-1_14-27-12.png

Attached Files:

mranger likes this.
  3. mranger

mranger

Thanks for the reply. What I can't seem to do is to isolate different nodes via clips and loop them. It looks like you have the different clips there as I do and are selectively looping them, but what isn't working is when I try to mask them, to have some things only animate once and then some things continue to loop. I just can't get it to selectively loop something. Here's a screenshot.

Attached Files:

4. mranger

mranger

Ok, I got it. I didn't know that the clips had to be put into the timeline! I thought that once you create the clips they just play as is! I wish there was a tutorial out there that focused on single maya animations and how to import them and work with the clips, because I've watched and read a lot of tutorials and not one did this from start to finish. Phew.