Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Maya Flow Path Object to Unity

Discussion in 'Animation' started by mremus, Oct 15, 2013.

1. mremus

mremus

Maya has this tool (Flow Path Object) that allows a user to animate a rigged object along a path and deforms the objects rig/geometry to the path's curves as it travels along the path. Is there an equivalent tool/function in Unity that does something similar?

In Maya I have animated a fish moving along a CV curve path using the flow path object tool, which causes the fish's body/geometry to conform to the twists and turns of the path. I bake the animation in May and export it as an FBX file. Importing into Unity I get the fish moving along the path but the body/geometry of the fish stays rigid in the position is has in frame 1 and does not deform to the path's shape as the fish moves along the path. Is there way to get this to work either by an equivalent Unity tool/plugin or the making changes to the way I am exporting from Maya and importing to Unity.

2. mremus

mremus

Answering my own question. Looks like the Megafiers product in the asset store will do the trick. A bit pricey, but looks like it will do a lot.