Search Unity

Maya 8.5 Unity

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by jaydubs, Jun 9, 2007.

1. jaydubs

jaydubs

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone here is using Maya 8.5 with Unity on an Intel Mac, and if there have been any issues. I know of one issue with Maya and a dongle licence that is going to probably be resolved soon, but having tested Unity with Maya 7.0 without any real drama ( just learning where to put things so Unity is happy ) I just want to know if the first Universal version of Maya imports to Unity with in the same fairly seamless way before I purchase both.

I've tried to search for previous threads on this topic but couldn't find anything, so just point me in the right direction if this has been discussed before.

Cheers,

Jared.

2. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

As far as i know there are no known issues with Maya 8.5 and Unity.

3. shaun

shaun

I am and it works great... u do need quite a bit of memory though - apart from that, no problems.

Cheers
    Shaun

4. thylaxene

thylaxene

Yep I've being using Maya 8.5 with Unity since February and all is fine... had no problems using it while making TurretWars. Also the service pack 1 works fine as well.

Cheers.

5. jaydubs

jaydubs

Great, thanks for the assurance. I have 2 gigs of ram so am hoping that will be good to start. I can always expand if needed ...

Thanks again,

Jared.