Search Unity

Maya 2016 viewport, render .tga files with see though the whole mesh. please help!!

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by agisslayer01, Mar 14, 2016.

1. agisslayer01

agisslayer01

Hi guys!

I'm in a really desperate situation now. my viewport is rendering .tga files in a strange way. I can see though my whole mesh. even though it has a good alpha. I tried back face culling and reverse normal's. but no luck so far. normal's seems to be fine. I'll attach a photo then you can get a better idea. If anyone can give me a solution for this, that would be a huge help. thanks in advance.

(P.S:- those polys inside are from body shape i leave it intentionally. but when i render in render view its fine) maya_viewport_error_woith transparent _textures.jpg maya_viewport_error_woith transparent _textures1.jpg maya_viewport_error_woith transparent _textures2.jpg maya_viewport_error_woith transparent _textures3.jpg

2. _GimbalLock_

_GimbalLock_

Looking out your shader nodes, what happens when you map "Out Alpha" > "Transparency"?... Also, if you're in the Hypershade hit "3", this will display more output options for your nodes... 4 will bring it back to the simplified version. Under the expanded version there is a transparency option on the texture node that you can try mapping to the transparency in the shader.