Search Unity

Maya 2011 or Blender?

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by xxxDjdogxxx, Jul 13, 2011.

?

Maya or Blender with unity?

1. Maya 2012

39 vote(s)
    42.4%
  2. Blender 2.58

53 vote(s)
    57.6%
  1. WedgeBob

WedgeBob

Well, recently, I've been using Hexagon for modeling (hey, it's free this month), and to me, the modeling style and interface are almost better than either Maya or Blender. Sure, Hex might not be as stable as either one, but...it does get the job done. Might not export to .DAE or .FBX, but hey, that's where bridging those models into DS4 Pro comes into play...and yes, while my avatar might suggest I've been using SoftImage Mod Tool, and I am in most cases, but it is getting a little dated for my tastes. All in all, not complaining about either tool.

2. Sir-Tiddlesworth

Sir-Tiddlesworth

I prefer to use blender.
    I have used 3ds max and Maya before, but when I tried Blender I never went back.

3. WedgeBob

WedgeBob

Yeah, you're probably right. Currently, after signing up for 3D Buzz's Blender Production Class, I'm more than convinced that it will definitely get the job done. I certainly should never have been so skeptical in terms of what Ton Roosendaal's "brainchild" has developed. In a way, he's kind of like the Steve Jobs of the open source modeling tools, always narrowing the gap between free software and those modeling tools that hardly anyone can afford.