Search Unity

May sound simple, but... (monitization question).

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by CastleIsGreat, May 3, 2015.

1. CastleIsGreat

CastleIsGreat

If I use Unity Ads for mobile platforms, do I owe either android(googleplay) or apple(applestore) when my app makes revenue using unity ads?

I just ask because the game will be free to play, and download, so if I make money though unity ads how does apple and or android(googleplay) make money from my game being available in their store? Or do they not care and just see it as another application available on their platform to attract new users.

I ask because I think if using iAds they take a cut from revenue, and was wondering whether its similar for unity ads.

2. zombox

zombox

No, the only money you'll owe will be to your government in the form of income tax.

Apple takes a cut from iAD because iADs are Apple's. Unity also takes a cut from UnityAds, but they take their cut before you even see the money in your account. You don't have to pay them back anything, because the amount they pay you to begin with already has Unity's cut removed.

unity-nikkolai and CastleIsGreat like this.
  3. CastleIsGreat

CastleIsGreat

To be completely honest it makes so much more sense the way unity does it, lol which is why I was confused in teh first place. AND OF COURSE I have to pay taxes :p But thanks for stating that too, and for your response in general =]