Search Unity

1. The 2022.1 beta is now available for testing. To find out what's new, have a look at our 2022.1 beta blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Maxst AR SDK Instant Tracker - loading resources from server Unity Addressable

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by VenoliS, Aug 10, 2020.

1. VenoliS

VenoliS

Hi,

I want to load resources from a server and use it with Maxst AR SDK instant tracker. I have tried two ways using Unity Addressable but still, I can't get the AR behaviour. Anyone who familiar with Maxst AR SDK please help.

1st way:

Here I have created an InstantTrackableBehaviour public variable (prefab in the below code) and dragged an instantTrackable prefab from unity inspector window. Then when a button press I loaded my 3D object from server and attach it as a child to instant trackable and instantiate it like below code.

var locations = await Addressables.LoadResourceLocationsAsync(label).Task;

foreach (var location in locations)
    {

InstantTrackableBehaviour instantTrackable = InstantTrackableBehaviour.Instantiate(prefab) as InstantTrackableBehaviour;
    GameObject obj = await Addressables.LoadAssetAsync<GameObject>(location).Task;

obj.transform.parent = instantTrackable.transform;
    Instantiate(obj);
    instantTrackable.OnTrackFail();
    }

Here the object is loading but it doesn't have AR behaviour. just moving with the mobile screen.

2nd way:

Here I created an addressable from InstantTrackable prefab that has attached a child 3d object. Then I'm tried to load it from server and instantiate.

var locations = await Addressables.LoadResourceLocationsAsync(label).Task;

foreach (var location in locations)
    {

InstantTrackableBehaviour instantTrackable = await Addressables.LoadAssetAsync<InstantTrackableBehaviour>(location).Task;
    InstantTrackableBehaviour instantTrackable2=InstantTrackableBehaviour.Instantiate(instantTrackable) as InstantTrackableBehaviour;
    instantTrackable2.OnTrackFail();

}

This led me to the below exception.

Exception encountered in operation Resource<InstantTrackableBehaviour>(InstantTrackable (1).prefab): Unknown error in AsyncOperation

How can I load resources from a server and use it in the Maxst instant tracker?

Thank You!

unityunity