Search Unity

Question maximum user in one concert or conference room

Discussion in 'Vivox (Voice & Text Chat)' started by ElegantUniverse, Sep 8, 2022.

1. ElegantUniverse

ElegantUniverse

Hi
    I working on a project that I suppose to implement in a conference room or concert room which suppose to have a person as a speaker and other audiences are listeners and the audiences will not be supposed to talk, how many people can join these kinds of the room as a listener?

2. emilyryan

emilyryan

Unity Technologies

Hello!

Our channel limit size is 200 users per non-positional channel at this time. However, this is regardless of if you only have 1 speaker, or 200. The size per non-positional channel does not vary by limiting who can speak.

A possible solution to increase this number based on your implementation would be to have the speaker to join multiple channels.

If only one person is speaking, they could join up to 10 total non-positional channels at once, and you could have more participants join those additional non-positional channels to listen in. A user can speak into multiple channels simultaneously, if you properly adjust their settings. So, this would allow multiple groups of 199 people be able to listen to the speaker. In total with this method, you could have 1990 users listening to one speaker all at once.

To adjust your speaker's setting to let them speak into multiple channel simultaneously, you would need to do the following:

• If using Vivox with the Unity Engine:
    • If using Vivox with the Unreal Engine:
    • If using Vivox with any other engines (Core):
    To also learn more about managing large channel sizes, please see our Vivox: How to: Monitor channel size for large-scale channels KB.

Thanks for your time and let me know if you have any follow up questions!