Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.1 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for feedback on the experimental Unity Safe Mode which is aiming to help you resolve compilation errors faster during project startup.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Max shadow requests count reached - please deprecate this warning

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by Enzi, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Enzi

Enzi

Can you please deprecate this warning message or write it in a way that it doesn't spam the editor?

Max shadow requests count reached, dropping all exceeding requests. You can increase this limit by changing the max requests in the HDRP asset

It's slowing down the scene so much, it gets impossible to navigate.

On that topic, I don't think the warning message is that useful if it doesn't give info of how many lights are visible to tweak the max count properly.

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape Moderator

You can use the HDRP debugger to get a visual on lights being rendered then chase it down in the scene, try the tiled or other debug displays.

I'd like the warning to stay (you can collapse it so it doesn't ruin your framerate) or just turn the warning off in the console. It should then have only minimal impact for your work. But better would be if they could print the name of the gameobject with the light at least, then it can be easily found.

I kinda consider this information fairly important so we would want it optional or something.

3. dorusoftware

dorusoftware

I'm using unity for an year and at least 4 months trying to understand the HDRP workflow, there are like a dozen of places where various settings can be changed and for the love of god i can't seem to find whatever some warning ask me to change.

bought an asset from store upgraded the materials to HDRP now this warning is spamming the console and is asking me to "change the max requests in the HDRP asset" What HDRP asset, where is this option? :confused:

unityunity