Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Max Packet Queue Size max limit at around 13.000

Discussion in 'Netcode for GameObjects' started by itisMarcii_, Aug 1, 2022.

1. itisMarcii_

itisMarcii_

I remeber to have read that MaxPacketQueueSize would have no limit. But it seems that around between 13k and 14k is the limit, since at 14k+ a StackOverflow will occure.

2. simon-lemay-unity

simon-lemay-unity

Unity Technologies

I'm assuming this is with UnityTransport? If so, I think you may be mistaking
    MaxPacketQueueSize
    with
    MaxSendQueueSize
    . The latter is a number of bytes indicating how much data can be waiting for delivery (it's really only meaningful for reliable traffic, where throughput is limited). There should be no issue setting it to 13K or even a lot more than that (the default value is close to 100K).
    MaxPacketQueueSize
    on the other hand is a number of packets, indicating how many packets can be sent/received in a single update. The default value is 128. If you have a lot of simultaneous clients (dozens) it may make sense to increase it on servers, but I don't see any realistic scenario where this should be in the thousands.

3. itisMarcii_

itisMarcii_

Since you already kindly answered on my other thread, I would link to that :)

4. Mid_plays

Mid_plays

can someone help me out I keep trying to connect my client to and host but unity keeps sending me this error message, it used to work perfectly normal before I updated the netcode for gameobjects package
    But now the client is not being instantiated I've tried both the pooled and non pooled Spawn system in the documentation and noting works
    Netcode] Deferred messages were received for a trigger of type OnSpawn with key 2, but that trigger was not received within within 1 second(s). UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning (object) Unity.Netcode.NetworkLog:LogWarning (string) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.netcode.gameobjects@1.0.0/Runtime/Logging/NetworkLog.cs:28) Unity.Netcode.DeferredMessageManager:purgeTrigger (Unity.Netcode.IDeferredMessageManager/TriggerType,ulong,Unity.Netcode.DeferredMessageManager/TriggerInfo) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.netcode.gameobjects@1.0.0/Runtim