Search Unity

Materials properties unstable on Ubuntu 20.10

Discussion in 'Linux' started by iapetus2k2, Apr 8, 2021.

1. iapetus2k2

iapetus2k2

I'm trying to run through some training material on Unity on Ubuntu, and am running into problems trying to edit materials. When I create a material and view it in the Inspector, then click on the Albedo colour selector, the editor becomes highly unstable; an unusable Color window appears either mostly off screen or entirely off screen, the editor slows to a crawl and displays the warning message "PropertiesGUI() is being called recursively. If you want to render the default gui for shader properties then call PropertiesDefaultGUI() instead" After a while the Color window vanishes. Repeating this a couple of times leads to a crash.

This happens every time I try to change the colour, on 2021.1.2f1 and 2020.3.3f1 (LTS), both installed via UnityHub.AppImage, which makes Unity absolutely unusable.

Any suggestions?

2. tsobral

tsobral

Hi, it happens to me too. Using Unity 2020.3.2f1 LTS, and Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS.The error happen after selecting an Albedo color, the frame behind become black and the following error appears on console:

PropertiesGUI() is being called recursively. If you want to render the default gui for shader properties then call PropertiesDefaultGUI() instead
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent (int,intptr,bool&) (at /home/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:189)

Hope it helps finding the bug :)