Search Unity

Materials from AssetBundle are broken

Discussion in 'Asset Bundles' started by trnq1ll0, Jan 31, 2020.

1. trnq1ll0

trnq1ll0

My project has been building AssetBundles for a while and is importing them correctly again. This is a fully automated process and does not allow any user interaction. Materials, textures and shaders on the models from the AssetBundle, work fine.

But since today, all textures on the models are broken. In the Inspector, all material, maps and shader information are displayed correctly, but not applied to the model correctly. If I manually change the shader from standard to something else and back, the model is suddenly displayed correctly.

I have no idea what could cause this error.

Building the AssetBundle is, I think, not the problem, because with a 2 day old viewer (iOS build) from me the models are displayed correctly. Only in the current viewer (UnityPlayer) not anymore.

I have already switched to up to 2 weeks old git commits and deleted the library to get to the bottom of this, but without success.

What could that be, what else can I try? I am very confused.

Thank you very much for any sugession
    T

2. trnq1ll0

trnq1ll0

I had run into a self-inflicted caching error. The bundle had been given a version number as a test, so the target device always took the cached model instead of the newly inserted one. After the version of the asset was changed (0 means no caching at all), all materials fit again.