Search Unity

Bug Material with a diffusion profile in an asset bundle are green

Discussion in 'Asset Bundles' started by EugenioA, Dec 14, 2020.

1. EugenioA

EugenioA

Hello,

I am using unity 2019.4.9f1.
    I have some materials that use the hdrplit (subsurface scattering) shader with a diffusion profile, and some that have a custom shader with a diffusion profile again that i have to set in an asset bundle. The problem is that when in the other project i open the asset bundle, the materials are greenish and they have no diffusion profile.
    I added the same diffusion profile to the hdrp Diffusion Profile List and it didn't help. I also tried to set the diffusion profile inside the shader graph editor for the custom shader, but that also didn't help. Tried also to add the diffusion profile as a volume override.
    Thanks for any help

yasmeen_unity likes this.
  2. camerondus

camerondus

I have the same bug. diffusion profiles do not load properly when loading assetbundles, despite the fact that they bundle automatically.

3. MonsW

MonsW

Hi, any news on this? did you write a ticket?

4. FGallorini

FGallorini

Hi, any news on this?

5. Slimmy

Slimmy

I have the same issue. Added the Diffusion profile to "Diffusion profile asset" list in "HDRP Global Settings". Also tried to add the diffusion profile as a volume override in the scene. Didn't help.

Unity 2021.3.11f1 with HDRP version 12.1.7.

UPDATE: Issue solved. I added all the diffusion profiles I could find in the asset bundle to the list and the issue was solved. The greenish tint on the material is no longer there.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2023