Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Material shader was stuck on lightblue colour..?

Discussion in '2019.1 Beta' started by Zeevex, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Zeevex

Zeevex

Okay bear with me whilst i explain this, as i didn't document it whilst i was trying to figure it out..
    (and i don't know if this is an alpha bug or if it's a common issue...

So i was using the new terrain system, i placed down some grass in my scene.. when i went back to try select
    any of the terrain tools (terraform brush, tree brush etc) it wouldn't let me, and i had an error( i can't give the exact error code, sorry) it was saying there was a null reference void in the C:/ file path, but i had no project saved there..
    - so i decided to re-import the project in hopes it would resolve, which it fixed that issue, but caused another.

the other issue i came across was that all materials would turn a bright baby blue colour, and only change if i switched off opaque or unticked/ticked a box in the inspector for that material..
    i.e.
    https://gyazo.com/01838f838e09dff0d86263ec6cc5e343

I re-imported the project once more than the materials remained the same, but i was able to switch off of 'Opaque' and then back to opaque and it seems to have resolved...

again, sorry for not documenting it, but hopefully this can help someone..

TL;DR: Reimport all until you're able to change shader and return to normal.

(p.s this may or may not be related, delete your custom shader and remake it after reimporting, it's what i did.. but unsure if it was what fixed it.)

2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus