Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Material.SetTexture page has incorrect instructions

Discussion in 'Documentation' started by Domarius, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Domarius

Domarius

https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Material.SetTexture.html

The shader properties also show some of the keywords needed to set the Texture of a Material. To see this, go to your Material and right click on the Shader dropdown at the top. Next, pick Select Shader.

Edit: Actually this may be a bug with the Linux version? Or perhaps with using a shader from "Universal Render Pipeline"? This is my situation.

Clicking "Select Shader" did nothing. I found 2 ways to find out what keywords I can use;
    1. Note the name of the shader and attempt to manually browse to that shader in the Project view. For "Universal Render Pipeline/Unlit", I expanded the folders "Packages/Universal RP/Shaders" and selected "Unlit" and was able to see the keywords in the shader properties on the right.
    2. Instead of clicking,"Select Shader", I clicked "Edit Shader". This opens a text file where you can see a list of valid Texture keywords.

2. Baste

Baste

It might be a bug where "Select Shader" only works for shaders directly in the assets folder. You should create a bug report about that!

3. Domarius

Domarius

Would love to help out by logging the bug - where do I do that? I found the issue tracker site and logged in with my Unity account, but can't see a way to log a new issue.

https://issuetracker.unity3d.com

4. Baste

Baste

Help->Report a bug in Unity itself. The things in the issue tracker are bugs reported like that.

5. Domarius

Domarius

Ahhh, thank you :)