Search Unity

TextMesh Pro Material Preset always expanded

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by zzzzzz789, Dec 2, 2017.

1. zzzzzz789

zzzzzz789

Minor issue, but it's pretty annoying. Every time I open the inspector with a GameObject that has a TMPro UGUI component, the material preset at the bottom of the component is always expanded. It wasn't this way in the past and I don't know what happened to cause this, but I cannot get components to stick with the material section collapsed. Anyone ever experience this and have a solution?

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

This used to work fine but apparently broke at some point in time. I'll take a look when I have a chance.

zzzzzz789 likes this.
  3. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

I had a chance to look into this and this will be fixed in the next release.

zzzzzz789 likes this.
  4. zzzzzz789

zzzzzz789

Great thanks!

5. zzzzzz789

zzzzzz789

Is there any way to subscribe to releases?

6. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

I typically post links to the latest releases as soon as they are ready in the top sticky post in this section of the user forum. These releases then make their way to the Asset Store within the next 7 to 10 days.

I think if you download a release from the Asset Store, that you will get some notice when a new release becomes available.

I don't know if you can subscribe to that top sticky post to get an alert when I make additional posts there.

zzzzzz789 likes this.
  7. zzzzzz789

zzzzzz789

yep perfect! I can watch the sticky thread.

8. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Released a new version with the fix for the material inspector.

Since that was one of just a few changes, I didn't create a new post and just updated the links.

Give the new release a try and let me know if this behaves as you expect it now?