Search Unity

Material not being transparent on fbx model

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by VinceTheGrunt, Sep 3, 2021.

1. VinceTheGrunt

VinceTheGrunt

As the title says i'm having issue with a model, where the materials won't be transparent.
    However when I extract the materials and put the rendering mode to fade or cutout it works, but the offset/position of the material is off.

Isn't there a way to change the materials rendering mode from within the model, and not having to extract them in order to edit them?

See screenshots below:

The model itself:
    upload_2021-9-3_15-42-29.png

I have selected one of the materials within the model, but it locks me out from editing the rendering mode:
    upload_2021-9-3_15-42-50.png

2. kdgalla

kdgalla

Not as far as I know. Actually, I'm not sure why Unity started embedded materials in the first place since materials imported from an fbx are useless a majority of the time.

I pretty-much always either extract the materials because I need to edit them, or a lot of times, I just don't import the materials at all. I just make them from scratch because it's easier.

VinceTheGrunt likes this.
  3. VinceTheGrunt

VinceTheGrunt

Thank you for the answer - However I found a solution for the problem through this video, I just simply needed to extract the materials from the fbx file within unity, and then change the rendering mode.

Link to video: