Search Unity

Material is getting while outline

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by AhsanAshraf, Apr 26, 2022.

1. AhsanAshraf

AhsanAshraf

Hi everyone,
    I'm having problem in settings material in my game. When i create a material in a newly created unity project it is looking perfectly fine as in attached file named "actual.PNG" but now i'm working on a project developed by a team, and when ever i create a material i got a weird visuals as shown in attached file named "current.PNG". In both projects i have same material settings and same quality settings. Does any know whats going on?

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. kdgalla

kdgalla

Does it actually look like that in the game, though? The material preview doesn't always look the same.

That's probably reflection mapping. The preview is probably showing how it looks using some sort of default reflection map. If the material looks actually looks like that in your scene then you probably need to add a reflection probe to your scene and bake it.

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/ReflectionProbes.html

3. AhsanAshraf

AhsanAshraf

Hi kdgalla, Thanks for your reply
    Yes it look like that in the game as well. I've fixed it by copying all the data from the scene (in which in which i'm facing this problem) and past it in a newly created scene and re-baked the light. It fixed this material problem but I don't really like this workaround and i still don't know what's the link in light baking and materials as i have same baking settings in both scenes i.e. both scenes (the one with the material problem and the other which is newly created) are sharing the same lighting settings asset and other settings.