Search Unity

Resolved material don't apply properly

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by IGaming73, Jul 15, 2022.

1. IGaming73

IGaming73

Hello, I am a beginner in unity and I wanted to create a labyrinth. I modelized the labyrinth in blender using an image as a model and using a cube mesh. The problem is when I exported the fbx model in unity and applied a material to it, the texture was stretched on the model. I don't know how to fix this, If somebody can help me, I'll be thankfull !

Some images of my problem :

model in blender :
    lab_blender.png

model imported in unity with unity material applied :
    lab_unity.png

wanted material :
    wanted_material.png

obtained texture with more detail :
    more_detail.png

Thank for your help.

PS : Sorry for the spelling mistakes, I am not english.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
  2. arkano22

arkano22

Hi!

You need to generate proper texture coordinates for your model. These are coordinates that specify how a texture (a 2D image) is applied onto the mesh (a 3D surface). Just like spatial vertex coordinates are usually XYZ, texture coordinates are UV.

The process of generating these coordinates is commonly known as UV "unwrapping" or "mapping". Look for tutorials on uv/texture unwrapping in Blender. For instance:
    https://all3dp.com/2/blender-uv-mapping-simply-explained/

Note you can check how the texture looks when applied to your model directly in Blender, no need to go back and forth between Blender and Unity.

3. IGaming73

IGaming73

Thank you very much for your quick and detailed answer, after some problems (because the shape is a litle bit complex) it finally work. Thank you.

arkano22 likes this.