Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only.

Please, do not make any changes to your username or email addresses at id.unity.com during this transition time.

It's still possible to reply to existing private message conversations during the migration, but any new replies you post will be missing after the main migration is complete. We'll do our best to migrate these messages in a follow-up step.

On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live.

Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Question Matchmaker Queue Issue

Discussion in 'Matchmaker' started by HamzaMuhammad, Aug 17, 2023.

1. HamzaMuhammad

HamzaMuhammad

Hi!
    I am facing a issue where when two players create ticket, sometimes the matchmaker does not allocate them a server. When a third player creates a ticket, somehow all 3 players join the same server causing the third player to find themselves unable to do anything as server is full.My Queue is made for 1v1 matchmaking only and I am sharing my Queue Rule JSON below.

Code (JavaScript):
    1. {
    2.   "Name": "1v1",
    3.   "MatchDefinition": {
    4.     "Teams": [
    5.       {
    6.         "Name": "Teams",
    7.         "TeamCount": {
    8.           "Min": 2,
    9.           "Max": 2,
    10.           "Relaxations": []
    11.         },
    12.         "PlayerCount": {
    13.           "Min": 1,
    14.           "Max": 1
    15.         }
    16.       }
    17.     ],
    18.     "MatchRules": []
    19.   },
    20.   "BackfillEnabled": false
    21. }

2. jackward84

jackward84

I would check for sanity is that 2 of the players don't have the same userID. Potentially what's happening is 2 of the clients have the same userID, so they are not getting matched against each other. But when the third client queues with a different userID, it's popping the queue of the first 2 since they are basically the same player.

3. HamzaMuhammad

HamzaMuhammad

Hey jack, I checked the ID's and player Id's are unique as its Anonymous Sign In. Do you have any other idea on what to do to resolve this.