Search Unity

Question Matchmaker logs?

Discussion in 'Matchmaker' started by CodeMonkeyYT, Mar 11, 2023.

1. CodeMonkeyYT

CodeMonkeyYT

Hi there,

Is there any way to see Matchmaker logs?
    For example I'm trying to learn how it works and all that I could see was multiplayAssignment.Status.Failed but no reason why.

After some searching I saw that the Multiplay Fleet was Offline, I changed that and now it works. It would have been easier to debug this if there was some way to see the internal Matchmaker logs where it would probably say the reason why it failed.

Also would be good to see what logic the Matchmaker is running and why it did or did not manage to match a player. Something like "Ticket #ASDF waiting for 5 seconds Failed Rule MyRuleName"

I had a ticket that timed out and I'm not sure why. I changed the rules to relax a bit faster and then it worked. Maybe the first time it timed out because Multiplay couldn't spin up the server fast enough?

Thanks!

2. DeathPro

DeathPro

I have got the same problem with Matchmaker Logs as I mentioned in this thread.

There would be some options to enable logs in detail like "Errors, Default, Verbose..." or there would be a Scripting Define Symbol to enable logging like in Addressables. And It needs to be more readable and more in detail.

alytvynenko likes this.