Search Unity

Match Players using custom matchmaker

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by the_game_maker, Jan 25, 2016.

1. the_game_maker

the_game_maker

I've been working on a php/mysql matchmaker that matches players based on their skill. How can I connect my matchmaker to unity networking so that the players that are matched can play against each other?

2. terraKote

terraKote

I believe, you need to write separate application for this purposes. Here's why. First of all it will behave as a host application, located on your server. It requires a dedicated IP for it. When players connects, app gets their stats from your mysql or something. Depending on their stats, it will match players and return them to you as array of players, or any other data type you need. Hope it helps you.

3. JeremyUnity

JeremyUnity

Unity Multiplayer includes a matchmaker which supports Elo scores. This defaults to 0, meaning it's not considered in matchmaker queries, but you can put whatever you want there. When list match results are returned they will be ordered according to the absolute value of the difference in Elo scores between the client that's doing the list match and the clients in each match returned.