Search Unity

Match list is empty

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Skeledurr, Dec 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skeledurr

Skeledurr

Hey everyone,

I am running the Unet Tanks example project and I can't find any matches outside of my local network. When I connect both devices to the same network list matches returns the match fine.

Is this intended? Or do I need to set the Live Mode to on in the developer panel to get this working?

EDIT:

Steps to recreate:

PARTIALLY SOLVED:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  2. Skeledurr

Skeledurr

3. moco2k

moco2k

You need to set up your project for use with Unity services (see official docs), but you do NOT need to go live with your project in order to use matchmaking. You might also want to have a look here.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  4. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

Make sure that you set the requestDomain's to the same #, like 0. That's where I messed up bad.

Still stuck? Check this out :)

If you get beyond this, pls let me know - I'm stuck beyond this ;) I'm not sure how to handle client disconnection events (how to properly leave a room).

5. Skeledurr

Skeledurr

Thanks for the reply guys.

@moco2k
    I ran through the Unity Docs and didn't notice anything I am not doing. When I run the project over a local network it lists matches and doesn't return any error messages saying that I need to set up the Multiplayer service. When I run the devices on separate networks it doesn't list any matches and doesn't return an error message.

@dylanh7244
    I am using the default requestDomain values, but I did double check they were the same.

It would be nice to get a Unity Dev response. It's very easy to replicate this:
    1. Make a new project.
    2. Download the "Tanks! Networking Demo".
    3. Plug the project into the appropriate organization / project.
    4. Make some builds.
    5. Put them on separate devices and networks.
    6. Run.
    7. Watch the projects not find matches.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    MrLucid72 likes this.
  6. Skeledurr

Skeledurr

Bump.

Can anyone follow the steps and get it working?

7. Skeledurr

Skeledurr

Okay resolved.

I connected the devices to two separate phone hot spots. They were then able to find the matches listed.

It would be nice to know what I would need to do to get my office Network working. Does anyone have any ideas?

8. SolarFox_U

SolarFox_U

Unity Technologies

I will close this thread as it is very old by now. Feel free to open a new one for further questions :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.