Search Unity

Question Master Server with MLAPI

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Peanut_Butcher, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Peanut_Butcher

Peanut_Butcher

Hello there,

I was searching for hours the way to implement a Master Server with MLAPI, because I want to use dedicated servers.

I found the Photon Master Server Logic (see image below), which is I think the best solution for the game I am developing. If you look at the "Game Server" side, you can see that it connects to the Master Server, and when the client receives the server IP address, he has to connect to the game server.

So if I think about MLAPI logic, "Game Server" should be client (for the Master Server) and server (for the players) at the same time, which I think is impossible. Do you guys have any solution?

2. ep1s0de

ep1s0de

In my project, the master server acts as a repository for active servers, servers are added automatically when they are started (by default).

The client, entering the server browser, makes a request to the master server, the master server sends the server addresses and the game client begins to poll each server, receiving information about the name, game mode, game map, etc.

This can be done on a regular Udp socket...

Peanut_Butcher likes this.