Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Master Server game registration persistence?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by DocSWAB, Jun 30, 2008.

1. DocSWAB

DocSWAB

We use a peer to peer client server setup with our game, running through the UT Master Server to advertise server game instances.

Some time after a server game instance has registered with the Master Server (1-5 minutes), client games no longer see the server instance listed in the list of games from the Master Server.

If the client looks for the server instance immediately after the server is started up, the server instance generally always appears on the list of games the client can see.

Does the Master Server have any timeout or auto disconnect built into it? Our server game instances only call MasterServer.UnregisterHost(); when reloading the level or quitting the game.

2. jashan

jashan

Hi Steve,

a few others and myself have also experienced this issue (don't have the URLs of the threads at hand but they should be revealed by the search). The last status I had on this is that there will be a new version of the MasterServer at some point in time that fixes this.

Until then, a good workaround is simply re-registering the game server in a CoRoutine. Since I've been having this problem even after half a minute, I'm re-registering quite frequently ;-)

Once it's fixed, I'll simply remove the CoRoutine and be happy ever after...

Sunny regards,
    Jashan

3. DocSWAB

DocSWAB

Thanks Jashan, we'll do that.

4. keomanla

keomanla

sorry for digging up this old thread, but it seems that after 4 years, this bug still be there. I experienced with this bug a lot of time, I run my own master server app and a small unity server app on my dedicated server. Did u guy fixed this ??? Or totally forgot this??