Search Unity

Feature Request Master Node: Parameter for double-sidedness

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by Horus_Sungod42, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Horus_Sungod42

Horus_Sungod42

Hello Unity Forums,

is there a way to expose a parameter that would let a person activate or deactivate a material's double sidedness? Like some input on the PBR master node, for example?

If not, that could be useful.

It seems inconvenient to have to make 2 shaders, one which is double sided, and one that isn't!

Just askin' because these production-friendly features would help us decide whether to use Shader Graph extensively in a project.

If this feature already exists, I apologize for my mistake :)

2. ph_

ph_

It doesn't exists (yet).
    To change the double sided parameter per material (if I understand correctly what you want to do), you would need the support from the master node, and maybe a custom editor to be able to display the checkbox. Right now custom editor aren't doable using ShaderGraph.

That being said, you can do exactly this with a plugin, using the latest version I released just today! (Asset store link)
    If you look at 1:54 in this video, I add a custom editor

I also did the test and cull, blending mode ...etc all works and can be driven from the material instead of the shader if you use my master nodes and you do the proper custom editor (I might add this example at some point).

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    NeatWolf likes this.
  3. Horus_Sungod42

Horus_Sungod42

Interesting, I'll check it out!

Also Toon Shading! Nice

ph_ likes this.
  4. Rcoste

Rcoste

Hi!
    This link isn't working anymore.
    Did you guys find any solution for this issue?