Search Unity

Master Camera: Scroll/Zoom, Strafe, FPS-3PS Toggling, Minimal/No Clipping and More

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by tzvier, Dec 8, 2011.

1. tzvier

tzvier

The camera is designed to be customizable, so it shouldn't clip through anything you don't want it to.

There is a minimum distance setting.

2. darkhog

darkhog

Thanks. That would conclude it. As soon as I get the money I'll buy it, because it seems like great value for your money.

3. tzvier

tzvier

Not a problem. Let me know if you have any other questions.

4. gnufoo

gnufoo

Hi tzvier,

I've recently bought your master camera c#, but still can't get it compiled in Unity 5.0.2f
    it's keep getting errors like:
    upload_2015-7-2_10-2-17.png

could you please help me to look into this issue? thanks!

5. tzvier

tzvier

Hey gnufoo,

The ThirdPersonController.js isn't a MasterCamera script. It's from Unity's Standard Assets. Perhaps try re-importing it from Unity? Regardless, you should still be able to use MasterCamera on your project.

6. darkhog

darkhog

I'm afraid you've accidentally bundled ThirdPersonController with Master Camera (along with few another Standard Assets). I've bought it on 14th, but haven't had time to install the thing until today. Got same thing as @gnufoo, but was able to fix it by removing said script as it didn't do anything critical (except for making character in demo scene walk).

7. darkhog

darkhog

I've finished integrating it into my project yesterday. It's wonderful and so easy to integrate that i didn't even need tutorial or manual to figure it out!

//edit: Works like a dream, by the way.

8. darkhog

darkhog

I have small issue with the camera: When I move mouse very fast to rotate camera and game's character is next to high wall, the camera clips through wall for small time )2-3 frames, I'd say) - it shortly corrects itself but the effect is noticeable enough to make it look ugly. Any reason what may cause this and how to fix it? Please either quote this post when responding or tag me as I don't watch this thread and would want to see notice once reply to this is posted.

9. tzvier

tzvier

Try adjusting the colliders to a wider angle:

Or adjust the camera turn speed down.

10. bugscuffle

bugscuffle

Hi. I am a noob. Will Master Camera work with Playmaker, Fungus, Adventure Creator, or UFPS assets? Will they interfere with each other? Your camera seems to be everything I could ask for.

11. darkhog

darkhog

Hey @tzvier, I have a question: How do I make trigger colliders "solid" for the camera (so it doesn't pass through them)? I am using those to hide secrets using seemingly solid, but passable walls. and when you can detect it with camera it misses the point of a secret, doesn't it?

I want following conditions to be met in order for camera to not pass through trigger:
    - It has enabled collider with "is trigger" enabled (well, duh)
    - It has renderer (so invisible triggers won't cause "camera screw")
    - Said renderer is enabled

What would be the best way of doing it using your camera system?

12. darkhog

darkhog

Can't say for the others, but I am successfully using it with Fungus.

13. drewradley

drewradley

I'm trying to change this so instead of moving the camera towards the player when occluded it raises it up vertically (going from a 45 degree angle to a higher one with a max of 90 degrees). I've managed to get it to "work" by telling it to adjust the vertical angle when it's occluded and put it back to default when it's not but the problem with that is it stutters, a lot. As far as I can tell, what it does is it moves it away, but then tries to move it back because when it's been moved it is no longer occluded so it tries to go back to the default, which the occludes it so it moves it back out... It's a never ending cycle that I can't seem to figure out how to break. Any thoughts on how I can accomplish this?