Search Unity

Master Audio - AAA Sound Solution. #1 audio plugin on Asset Store!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by dark_tonic, Jan 28, 2013.

1. ludum_mubul

ludum_mubul

Hey!
    Is it possible to set, on which system audio device do audio playback?
    For example, play some sounds on Realtek front audio output and other sounds on Realtek back audio output?

2. jerotas

jerotas

No. If Unity doesn't provide a way to do that then we can't. Does Unity provide a way to do that?

3. ludum_mubul

ludum_mubul

It doesn't :(

4. jerotas

jerotas

Right. Then there would be no code for me to hook into.

-B

5. Dreamcube017

Dreamcube017

Hi! It's been a while lol. Hope things are going well.

I'm working on a new project and am wondering if Master Audio can perform horizontal dynamic music. I know it can do vertical dynamic music with crossfading tracks.

But wondering if it can intelligently jump between tracks on beat. Thanks!

6. castor76

castor76

I have situation where I have both MasterAudio and DynamicSoundGroup at the same scene, but I can't click on the play button to preview the sound in Editor mode. (non play)

upload_2021-2-25_16-41-24.png

upload_2021-2-25_16-41-39.png

Any idea on what I could possibly doing wrong?

7. jerotas

jerotas

Sorry for late reply, no notification this time.

There's no beat detection, it's actually on the anti-roadmap (post #2 here: https://darktonic.freeforums.net/thread/87/feature-roadmap-master-audio-suggest). I would have no idea how to do that, which is one reason it's there.

8. jerotas

jerotas

Sorry for late reply, no notification this time.

Is that a Sound Group in DSGC that you can't preview? Are you getting any message in the Console when you click the speaker icon? What is the Audio Origin for the audio in question? Audio Clip / Resource file / Addressable?

9. Dreamcube017

Dreamcube017

Ah I see. Darn. Thank you for the response anyhow.

10. jerotas

jerotas

No problem.

11. techniquea2z

techniquea2z

Third Party Integration suggestion: Odin Inspector

It would be super handy to be able to define Dictionaries and utilize Master AAA's
    SoundGroupAttribute
    dropdown within the serialized dictionary in the inspector.

I could probably write a custom drawer that accomplishes this pretty easily, though.

12. jerotas

jerotas

If you do write one, and send it our way, we can include it in the product. Alternatively, you could contact the author of Odin and ask if they'd consider making one, or I could write an email to the author asking.

Most of the integrations were actually written by the other plugin authors and not by us.

-B

13. maksymr

maksymr

Hi, I am considering buying this asset but I'd love to know if I can easily configure it for this scenario in my game. I'd love to hear your opinion, please!

I have a game that consists of 6 chapters. Each chapter has multiple levels.

Every chapter features its own music set for example 3 tracks.
    If player is playing a single chapter for a longer period of time tracks should start playing in loop which is from 1 to 3 and again 1 to 3 and again...

If player changes the chapter then we should play other playlist (next chapter has its own set of music tracks).
    And once again loop them if all tracks are played for this chapter.

Also if I decide if one particular level (not a whole chapter but single level of the chapter) should have its own music track it should play in loop this track.

The asset looks prominent but I'd love to get some assurance that I can "quite" easily use it for my scenario.

Thank you very much!

14. jerotas

jerotas

Yeah I believe you can do all that fairly easily.

This one I'm not sure about, please explain more:

Also if I decide if one particular level (not a whole chapter but single level of the chapter) should have its own music track it should play in loop this track.

15. maksymr

maksymr

Encouraged by other comments etc. I bought the asset and it actually worked pretty well. I think I managed to create what I needed for my game. Amazing work!

I just used the trigger to play certain playlist and it worked nicely.

16. jerotas

jerotas

Thank you for the purchase, and we are always here for you :)

17. jerotas

jerotas

Upgrade to Master Audio Multiplayer for only $25 for a limited time! Sale starts today.

18. jerotas

jerotas

V 2020.3.7 changelog:
    • Fixed bug: Refactored log code in Master Audio that finds no voices to play returned only conditionally.
    • Fixed bug: Allocation fixed for Addressable delayed cleanup.
    • Fixed bug: Jukebox display would not select Resource File from a list of Resource files in the Playlist when it was playing. It always appeared blank.
    • Fixed bug: Long Playlist names would not get truncated and mess up the Inspector.
    • Fixed bug: Not-loaded Resource file played by name would cause endless loop.
    • Fixed bug: Hitting Play with a Playlist Controller selected would cause an error when trying to display the Jukebox.
    • Fixed bug: Telling additional synced layers of music would sometimes be off by fractions of a second. We now schedule the audio change slightly ahead which minimizes this greatly. Usually eliminates it.
    • Fixed bug: Auto-advanced crossfade wouldn't work on WebGL when in background and frame rate goes to 1.
    • Added "Jukebox Filter" dropdown up top in the Master Audio Inspector. The choices are "Display All" (default) and "Display Active" which only shows Playlist Controllers that are playing songs.
    • Added a new checkbox on Welcome Window to enable Video player feature. Now turned off by default. Enable it if you want the Video Players feature and have Video package installed from Package Manager.
    • Added a gear icon in each Jukebox to select the Playlist Controller in Project View for editing.
    • Added "Sort Alpha" button for the Playlists section.
    • Added "Playlist Text Filter" to filter out Playlists whose name doesn't match.
    • Added "Pause Audio Listener" and "Unpause Audio Listener" to Global Control under Event Sounds.
    • Added "Ignore Listener Pause" checkbox (defaults to unchecked) to Playlist Controllers and Sound Groups. They will play if checked even if the Audio Listener is paused. The rest will not.
    • Added CurrentFadeStatus property to PlaylistController, to tell you the current fading status of a FadeToVolume, if one is running (FadingIn, FadingOut, NotFading).
    • Change to Singleton Scriptable for obscure "load all resources" code in other plugins.

19. puzzlekings

puzzlekings

Hey Brian

I just downloaded the latest version into a project and it's the first time that sounds refuse to play.

Create the MA Prefab, drag the sound clips in and pressing play in the preview does nothing :(

I have noticed that if I go to the raw audio file and press play, and then go back to MA press preview and then the sound plays. After this the sound sometimes plays and sometimes does not.

This is in Unity 2020.2.3f1 Any ideas what's happening as I've never seen this before?

cheers

Nalin

20. jerotas

jerotas

Sounds like you need a different Audio Source Template. The one you're using has a Max Distance for Audio Sources that's too far away from your Audio Listener to hear anything.

First you can test by turning off 3D sound (select Force To 2D from Spatial Blend Rule on the Master Audio mixer). Then you should hear everything full volume.

If you actually need 3D sound, put it back to Force to 3D and apply a larger Audio Source Template in the Master Audio Mixer section to all Sound Groups until you can hear it well enough.

However...clicking Preview should always play it and be audible. You get any errors in the Console?

Show me your Audio Import Settings for the audio in question and also the Sound Group Variation settings if you're still having trouble.

-B

21. qkjosh

qkjosh

Hi there, just had a question about editing a Master Audio prefab. When I am focused on the main gameobject with the Master Audio script, in the Hierarchy panel, and I have Auto-Save turned on for prefab editing, I get stuck in an infinite loop of the prefab being marked dirty, and then it trying to save. Seems to be something related to MasterAudioGroupInspector incrementing
    group.frames
    . Using Unity 2019.3.1f1 for this project.

Is there some way to avoid this?

22. jerotas

jerotas

Sorry, can you tell me how to get into whatever screen it is where the auto-save button shows up? I'm not seeing it. I clicked "Open" for the prefab. Nothing.

23. qkjosh

qkjosh

Should be in the top-right of the scene view, after opening the prefab.
    upload_2021-4-9_23-18-57.png

24. jerotas

jerotas

Thanks. Well I have the Master Audio game object selected, and Auto-Save is on. Nothing is happening. I'm in edit mode. Doesn't seem to be happening here. I'm in Unity 2019.4.

You aren't by chance on an older version of Master Audio? This is a bug I've fixed a couple different times. Make sure you download the very latest and see if it goes away.

If not, you may need to send me an example Scene so I can debug.

25. qkjosh

qkjosh

I see, hmm. I updated to the latest version of the asset and even updated Unity to 2019.4 just to check, but the prefab is still being marked dirty. The scene also gets marked dirty when just in regular edit mode (not prefab edit). Source control is not picking up on any changes, so it might just be the isDirty flag? I'll see if I can put together a project in the next little while and send it your way. Thanks!

26. jerotas

jerotas

Sure. I can't fix it if I can't reproduce it. Thanks!

27. Gamingbir

Gamingbir

Hi, do you happen to have an offline pdf or word document for the manual?

28. jerotas

jerotas

The manual is a website, so a PDF wouldn't work. I can zip up the HTML and send it to you if you like. You can't access the website?

29. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello,

Started using this with Bolt and it's giving me issues. I set up everything as per the quickstart, but now when I try to play sound after the event I get this log with no sound: "MasterAudio: All 1 children of Default voice 1 were busy. It Will not play this sound for this instance. If you need more voices, increase the 'Voices (Weight)' field on the Variation(s) in your Sound Group." I don't know why that would happen since I sent the event once but I follow this log and changed the weight. Still get same problem with no sound. Please help!

Thanks,
    jrDev

30. jerotas

jerotas

Not sure Bolt has anything to do with this though.

Please show a screen shot of the Voices setting and how are you playing the sound? Show any code or Inspectors you used.

31. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello,

I have figured it out. The way Bolt reflects makes you set things up, you have to put null at certain parameters to bypass errors; namely the Pitch and the Time To Schedule parameters. I accidentally used the generic variables though and set pitch to 0:
    upload_2021-5-1_14-44-41.png

I figured it out by setting those parameters with the null instead:
    upload_2021-5-1_14-47-19.png

Thanks,
    jrDev

32. jerotas

jerotas

Ah ok, that makes sense. Thanks for posting the solution!

33. Gamingbir

Gamingbir

Would you be able to update the tutorial on youtube? I am getting confused about how to use this plugin. Is there any significant difference between the tutorial 7 years ago and now?

When I press create prefab it does not create prefab in my current scene and likewise for the others too.

All I want to do are the following
    1) play BGM
    2) Sound effects when some action takes place.
    3)Change BGM with scene or events taking place.
    4)Last not least make the sound volumes go in sync together for BGM, SFX and voice actors

34. jerotas

jerotas

We will not be updating our YouTube videos. That was done before we had a documentation website and it was a huge 50-page PDF. Your time would be better used by going through the quick starts than the videos these days.

The only things that have changed are the look of the inspectors but most things kept their original position and just have different borders and separators.

The quick starts at the top of the documentation website does walk you through creating a master audio prefab and other basics and it is completely up to date with screenshots of the newest UI.

If you have gone through the quick starts and still have questions or would like to ask specific questions anyway you can do so on this thread or by emailing us at support@darktonic.com. we also have an official forum for the plugins that can be searched for answers.

However if you click create prefab that has always worked and I have never seen an issue with it. So let me know if you have an issue with the very first quick start which guides you there.

-B

35. Gamingbir

Gamingbir

I reimported the Package and it's working now. Btw thanks for making this plugin it is really good. I will go through your online documentation more in detail.

If i game is 2D I just need Physics 2D Enabled I believe.

36. jerotas

jerotas

Yes you can just enable Physics 2D.

Well we made it for ourselves and our games because there was nothing good enough out there :)
    We are glad to share our hard work. The documentation is very thorough but it's also a lot to go through. I don't expect many read everything. Glad to give pointers and suggestions when the need arises. The docs are just as much for me - I can't remember how every single works!

We are happy you're enjoying it.

-B

37. Gamingbir

Gamingbir

Thanks, I am still figuring out things with the addon. I am a new user. I hope the time put to learn saves me time. Sorry I will be asking quite a bit of question when stuck. No worries when you get the time you can answer them at your comfort. No rush.

38. jerotas

jerotas

It's all good. We consider support as part of what you're paying for when you purchase our product.

39. Gamingbir

Gamingbir

Hi, Sorry to bother you again. I am using 3 sound effects and I wanted to play them randomly when my player swings
    his sword.
    master audio 3 sounds.png
    https://gyazo.com/e7b20cb623b0e1e101ab2b2e9481e179

but it's not playing randomly on entering collider 2D only playing one sound. Sorry, I think I have done something wrong here not sure what.

40. jerotas

jerotas

That looks totally fine. Please turn on "Log Sounds" in Advanced Settings and see what it logs. It should log that all 3 Sound Groups are playing. If they refuse to play because all voices are busy or some other limiting factor, the logs will show what caused it. If you can't decipher those logs, go ahead and post them here for me.

That is for "2D Collision Enter" event right? It didn't show in your screen shot.

-Brian

41. jerotas

jerotas

V 2020.3.8 changelog:
    • Fixed a bunch of unintentional allocations for zero Garbage Collection.
    • Fixed Bus Solo logic, it was adding the same Bus without checking if it was in the list. Could result in weird behavior.
    • Fixed Bug: Warming Group would not disable after the warming play if it's a normal Audio Clip and not Addressables / Resource.
    • Fixed Bug: duplicate named Ambient Sound game objects would sometimes delete 1 or more of the followers and Ambient Sound script wouldn't work as a result.
    • Moved all Master Audio custom actions for Playmaker into the Master Audio category.

NEPS and Gamingbir like this.
  42. eastes

eastes

I'm comparing MasterAudio to spending $30k+ on FMOD or WWISE.
    Amazingly, Masteraudio is only missing one feature that would make it my preference.

That feature is to add a start and end audio to a looping audio. So instead of me having to code the playing of ENGINESTART, ENGINELOOP, ENGINESTOP, for nearly every looping sound I'd just be calling start and stop. In addition to this, it'd be great if this could be done with just one source file and then we select the 2 points where the looping happens.

What's the feasibility of this happening?

43. jerotas

jerotas

Yes, the feature set parity has greatly equalized over the years. In fact, Master Audio has many features that FMod and Wwise do not have, although it's missing a few that they do have (RTPC for one).

The one you mentioned is on the roadmap actually. I don't know how to do it, but there's a package that does do it that I will be checking out to see if I can do it. I can't give any time frame but it's high up on the roadmap.

Here's the roadmap for your reference: https://darktonic.freeforums.net/thread/87/feature-roadmap-master-audio-suggest

-Brian

44. Nwy140

Nwy140

Will there be MLAPI support in the Master Audio multiplayer version?

45. jerotas

jerotas

Hi, thanks for the question. I haven't really keep track of the MLAPI development. Can you tell me the state of the current MLAPI? Does it have remote procedure calls? If so, it could be relatively easy for me to adapt to MLAPI.

46. _geo__

_geo__

Hi,
    is there a recommended way to have sound effects follow objects without 3d physics?

I know AmbientSound is supposed to fill that role but I have 3d pyhsics disabled. I can of course grab the transform from the hierarchy and reposition it myself in the update loop but I thought I'll ask before doing that.

In fact I would prefer to be able to keep my Audio Source (DynamicSoundGroupCreatoer > SoundGroups) as a child of the transform. That way I wouldn't have to bother with updating anything by hand. Is there a setting to do that? I am aware I'll lose some functionality (sound gets killed instantly on destroy/disable, etc.) but that would be okay for me.

Thank you.

47. jerotas

jerotas

There are commands that have the Audio Source (always located under Master Audio game object) follow the "actor" every frame. Such as:
    Code (csharp):
    2. MasterAudio.PlaySound3DFollowTransformAndForget("SoundGroupName", other params...);
    Event Sounds script also has an option "Attach to caller" under Sound Spawn Mode dropdown. It doesn't really attach, as that presents problems, but it follows.

Ambient Sounds has no reliance on physics of any kind. Normal ambient sounds are stationary, although you can also "follow". It will still follow if you click "Follow Caller".

So, there's 3 ways.

-B

48. _geo__

_geo__

Thank you for you swift response. Great support :)
    Somehow I completely missed the EventSound component and got hung up at bending Ambient Sound to my will (I am just getting started with MA and worked my way down the manual).

This confuses me a little:
    Maybe I am using the wrong lingo but AmbientSound (the component) does say it requires MA 3d pyhsics support to be turned on (which in turn needs 3d physics if I recall correctly).

MAAmbient.png

I am asking just out of curiosity, my initial question has been answered.

Now, if I may, I have another question:
    Is there a sort of an AudioGroupProxy which I can use to make a fake AudioGroup?
    What I have is some (old) code which handles Audio on it's own, yet I would like to have it tied into MA via mirroring the properties of an AudioGroup. Right now I do that by using an "empty" sound as a clip for a dummy SoundGroup and read the values from there (pitch, volume, ...). I guess maybe there already is a solution for that as well?

Thank you again.

49. jerotas

jerotas

Ah right, correct. You have to have Physics3D support enabled (on the Welcome Window), but you don't need to have any sort of Rigidbody on the game object in question (that's what I was referring to). Triggers are created at runtime and used for the functionality and that's Physics3D.

I am pretty confused what you're asking for in your new question. I would suggest you retrofit your old code to use Master Audio. It's not hard. And you want to be able to see an overview of everything on the Master Audio mixer section, not "almost everything".

50. _geo__

_geo__

Thank you. Yeah I guess my explanation was a bit rushed. Let me try again.

What I have is some code which simulates engine sounds based on 2d physics. It controls some audio properties on a frame by frame basis (fading, pitch, volume, which clips to use based on the RPM, etc.). I could rewrite the AudioSource commands to used MA for all. But I guess the thing I am not sure about is how many "automatic" changes (like ducking for the music) MA does. I don't want it to control my engine sounds directly. Rather I would like to have an object which I can read from and then use that info to influence the engine sounds depending on some custom logic (sometimes rejecting external commands).

I hope that was more understandable. If not then don't bother. I am not here to torture you with my odd requests :)