Search Unity

Master Audio - AAA Sound Solution. #1 audio plugin on Asset Store!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by dark_tonic, Jan 28, 2013.

1. jerotas

jerotas

You have to fade all Groups separately, or you can put all those Groups on a bus, and fade the bus (probably better idea).

2. gegagome

gegagome

Nice, thanks again.

3. jerotas

jerotas

No problem.

4. gegagome

gegagome

Code (CSharp):
    1. MasterAudio.FadeBusToVolume("Master", 0.1f, 1f);
    Worked like a charm.

Excellent!

5. mkgame

mkgame

Hello,

everything looks like professional and then, mouse scrolling speed up and slow down the music which is played by the PlaylistController. I didn't saw any wheel action in your PlaylistController and MasterAudio scripts, any idea what could cause this effect? It comes just, if i play music with your tool.

6. jerotas

jerotas

If you have the Master Audio prefab selected during play and have a huge amount of Sound Groups, that can cause some slowdown as it repeatedly scans the Sound Groups, but probably not as much as you're describing. Try selecting a different prefab while playing and see if that has any effect.

Other than that, if you have a very large amount of objects in the Hierarchy, then the icon renderer could cause slowdown. To test that, you could temporarily delete the file "MasterAudioHierIcon" and see if that helps.

These are the only 2 things I know of that cause some slowdown, though neither of them would only occur when music is playing. Let me know if you figure it out!
    -Brian

7. jerotas

jerotas

Excellent.

8. mkgame

mkgame

Hi,

Thank you for your fast answer. I built the game to exclude your thesis. Yes, i have a lot of game objects and not just the mouse wheel event (zooming in my case) but also moving around with the arrow keys cause this effect. It seems, that under higher load (still have 40-70 frames, under the built version these effect are a bit smaller, but im not sure) these effect are coming. I also have SoundManagerPro3, there are no such problems with the same 10-20 audio files. I would recommend you to build up a complex scene to test this behavior. I used for testing the audio files in the Dark Future free asset.

(under Unity 4.5.5f1 Pro)

9. jerotas

jerotas

We have a game with 110 Sound Groups of 150+ Audio Clips and see none of what you are seeing. I'd say that qualifies as complex. So there's something particular to your project that we're not aware of. I'm not going to be able to help you further without you sending me the project at this point. You'll need to do some more investigating. If you like, you can send me a stripped down project that has only what is needed to reproduce the problem.

FYI, SoundManagerPro is not faster, support is bad lately, and it has very limited power compared to this plugin.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  10. jerotas

jerotas

Master Audio V 3.5.7.1 will be live in 20 minutes. Audio Source templates are here!! Changelog:

• Added Audio Source Templates feature. There's now a folder at DarkTonic\MasterAudio\Sources\Prefabs\AudioSourceTemplates which holds 4 Audio Source Templates. You can create more if you like. When you turn on Bulk Group Changes for the mixer, there's a button "Apply Audio Source Template" that will do it for all selected Groups.
    • All Variations created in the Master Audio prefab now use the selected Audio Source Template if you have any.
    • Added Audio Source Templates feature to Dynamic SGC prefab as well. It affects all Variations created after you select one.
    • Added "Apply Audio Source Template to All" button on Dynamic SGC and Master Audio. That way you can do it without going into bulk mode.
    • Updated Playmaker example Scene, it had a bug.

11. gegagome

gegagome

I second
    ! You won't find lighting fast support anywhere else unlike SMP; I waited for an answer weeks and never got to me when jerotas even implemented my request into their pipeline and pushed it as an update.

Seriously, you can't go wrong with Master Audio.

12. jerotas

jerotas

Thanks gegagome. I'm waiting for mkgame to send me something to demonstrate what he's seeing. I can't really do anything until I get that. I have games with much more audio that he's using, but with no slow symptoms.

13. mkgame

mkgame

I never said anything about faster support for SoundManagerPro, the reason why i change to Master Audio is, because it has a much more better support and has also more features.

14. jerotas

jerotas

I know what you meant. Someone was confused :)

15. jerotas

jerotas

The pitch changes because the music is 3d and that's the Doppler settings messing with it as you move in relation to the Playlist Controller (as happens with real sound in the real world). Best practice is to set all Audio Clips used as music to 2D. Then this will not happen.

This is a core part of Unity and it shouldn't matter which plugin (or no plugin) you're using.

16. mkgame

mkgame

Hello,

this was absolutely my fault, SoundManagerPro automatically look for the camera, probably though the audio listener (just one is allowed), but it allows just 1 group of music for each scene. Master Audio can have more PlayListController (music player) which can be placed wherever the user want, in my case it is a background music and should be always on the camera. PlayListController is now a child of the camera, so no pitch changes anymore...

Thanks for the good support!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  17. jerotas

jerotas

No problem. I think you mean PlaylistController, but I know what you mean. Glad you're up and working!

18. mkgame

mkgame

You right, i ment the PlaylistController, the AudioVoiceController is my own voice controller.

I didn't found a way to change the playing order of the audio clips for the PlaylistController, like e.g. randomly play one, randomly play one with random starting delay. Is there any solution for that?

Thanks for your answer in advance.

19. jerotas

jerotas

If you want to play them in random order, click on the PlaylistController in the Hierarchy and check the "shuffle mode" checkbox. It's not a per-Playlist setting. It will affect all Playlists that you play with that Controller.

For delay, you have to write a script. There's an included script called "DelayBetweenSongs" I believe that shows how it's done.

20. srmojuze

srmojuze

Hi all, as noted from http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/music-asset-creators-songwriters-new-market-for-you.214343/ therefore I am posting here...Here is my MasterAudio and Synkro-compatible music pack available now! Please have a listen and do let me know if it meets your needs :)

MojuMusic™ Horror & Mystery Pack #1
    Spooky yet groovy, this music pack will immerse, excite and freak out your players!
    AVAILABLE NOW!
    Buy: http://u3d.as/aSF
    Listen: https://soundcloud.com/mojumusic/horror-mystery-1
    Demo: http://mojuze.com/assets_mojumusic_demo_H1.php

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  21. jerotas

jerotas

Wow pretty cool srmojuze!

22. jerotas

jerotas

Master Audio will be returning to full price ($75) on 1/15/2015 so it you're debating buying it, now would be the time while it's still on sale!

23. srmojuze

srmojuze

Thanks! :)

24. dark_tonic

dark_tonic

We now return to our normal price of $75, but there's still bulk team and site licenses available! Contact us for more details.

25. jerotas

jerotas

We've got a new video out showing how to integrate Master Audio with Unity 5. Take a look!

26. srmojuze

srmojuze

MasterAudio Synkro demo with some music by me & my sound licensor, feel free to play!
    http://mojuze.com/assets_mojumusic_demo_V2.php

BTW, For Synkro, best settings for clips was "Decompress On Load", syncing for 16-Bar Loops is good with that setting.

It was a good test with large number of clips, I'm planning to make whitelabel app for indie bands/ DJs/ producers etc :)

27. jerotas

jerotas

I gotta say that sounds awesome! Way more Playlist Controllers than I've tried. Good to know that it scales at that level!

28. srmojuze

srmojuze

Cheers! ...Yes, seems to scale fine as long as compressed audio is decompressed in memory. Overall MasterAudio and Unity5 bodes very well for audio in Unity :)

29. jerotas

jerotas

We've added the option to specify all pitches in Master Audio using semitones (including cents) instead of the arbitrary -3 to 3 range Unity has. This will be in the next update!

OnePxl likes this.
  30. Teku-Studios

Teku-Studios

Hey jerotas! You may want to check out this answer from the Unity guys:

>> List with obsolete API?

There's still hope!

31. jerotas

jerotas

That's great, thanks for the update! I went over there to encourage him :)

32. jerotas

jerotas

Master Audio has a new low full price of $45, bit is on sale for $20 for a limited time!

33. jerotas

jerotas

I've also added "use slider value" to all volume fields on Event Sounds for the next update!

So if you use uGUI, you'll be able to play a sound at the slider's volume, or fade a bus, playlist or group to slider volume. Also you'll be able to set the SFX and music volumes, all without writing a line of code.

34. jerotas

jerotas

Master Audio V 3.5.7.2 will be live in 30 minutes. Changelog:

• Refactored Custom Event tracker code to handle scale much better.
    • Added option in Master Audio Manager window to display all pitch settings as semitones instead of Unity -3 to 3 ranges.
    • Minor refactoring of all code with ReSharper. Code is cleaner to read now but should not break anything you've already set up.
    • Added option to EventSounds script to use the UI Slider value from a UI Slider Changed event to set any volume (this is the new default). The old behavior made you specify a volume. Volume Mode dropdown now appears for Slider Changed event only.
    • Added new Global Command options to EventSounds: Set Master Mixer Volume, Set Master Playlist Volume. All can use slider value.
    • Added new Persistent Settings Command options to EventSounds: Set Group Volume, Set Bus Volume, Set Mixer Volume, Set Music Volume. All can use slider value.

35. Arkade

Arkade

TL;DR How to have an extra simultaneous background music track in 1 scene when using a MA (etc) from SplashScreen?

Hi, Brian ( @jerotas )
    Long time since I had to fiddle with Master Audio (it just works -- best compliment, eh?) However, I have a new need I've not had before and haven't (yet) found an answer. Any chance for tips?

In one scene, I want to loop 2 background music streams at the same time but they're different lengths, etc.
    In my setup, I have MasterAudio and PlaylistController created in the SplashScreen. I use DSGC for different powerups (which endow different weapons) and I use MA's music ducking for my shots, etc.
    The background music runs from one playlist. In a particular level, I want to also play an ambient sounds track as if it were music (with ducking, etc).
    What's the best way to achieve this? (and apologies if this is a super FAQ -- I did look, honest!)

Thanks!

p.s. I'm still using v3.4 due to not really wanting to break a working solution right now. (I'll update if needed but, well, y'know how it is.)

36. jerotas

jerotas

You should create additional Playlist Controllers. One for each simultaneous piece of music. Each PC can host one Playlist at a time. It doesn't matter if the songs are different lengths. Just don't select "Synchronized" from Song Transition Type.

Arkade likes this.
  37. Sexydonut

Sexydonut

Hello,

Is it possible to add Fx (Reverb, chorus…) to a specific bus?

38. jerotas

jerotas

No. The buses are "virtual" and contain many Audio Sources. You can add effects to each Variation only.

However, in Unity 5, you can assign each bus to a Unity Mixer Channel, and those can have effects. We are fully integrated with Unity 5 already.

39. username132323232

username132323232

Hello,

I'm new to Master Audio, so I'm sorry if my question is too basic. I plan to use the playlist feature for background music in my game. Would it be possible to pause the music while a modal dialog is displayed and resume it when the dialog is dismissed?

Ideally, I would like to crossfade to a different "waiting for player response" music and then back to the regular background music. I don't mind doing it through C# code if that's easier to set up.

Thanks!

40. jerotas

jerotas

Sure, should be simple. What are you using for GUI? The new Unity 4.6 uGUI?

41. username132323232

username132323232

Yes, Unity 4.6 uGUI.

42. jerotas

jerotas

Pause music:

MasterAudio.PauseAllPlaylists();

Switch to other song:

MasterAudio.TriggeredPlaylistClip(songName, etc);

These can be looked up on the API website: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40293802/DarkTonic/MasterAudio_API/Index.html

EventSounds script also lets you do this without writing code from button pressed and dozens of other events.

43. hexdump

hexdump

Hi,

I have a little issue, I have a button in my game and when I click it I want to hear the assigned sound. The problem is that I can't play same sound twice or more times pressing the button quickly. I have checked the limit polyphony option but it is not active. I know this must be a really simple thing but can't find how to fix it. Could you help here?

Cheers.

44. jerotas

jerotas

If you went with all default settings, then only one of each sound can play at a time (Weight field on the Variation under the Sound Group). Once the sound if 50% played it can be triggered again (Retrigger Percentage field on the Sound Group).

Easy fix is to increase the Weight field high enough (will need more the longer the sound is).

45. username132323232

username132323232

Thanks for the quick response! I created a new playlist just for the "waiting" music. ChangePlaylistByName() does the job. I especially like that smooth crossfading between two playlists is done automatically.

The only problem now is that when the dialog closes, the main background music plays right from the start. Is there any way to return to the position in playlist/clip when ChangePlaylistByName() was called?

46. jerotas

jerotas

Yeah, there's a dropdown in each playlist for "Song Transition Mode". If you change it to "Last Known Position" (wording might not be exact), it will do that for all songs. However, that doesn't work when you change Playlists. So if you're going to use that, you'll want to put all songs into a single Playlist. Is there a reason they aren't now?

47. username132323232

username132323232

The reason for not putting the "waiting" music into the main Playlist is that I don't want it to play as background music during the normal game play. Unless there is a way to have a clip in a playlist that is not playable unless specifically called by TriggerPlaylistClip().

48. jerotas

jerotas

If you are using looped clips it would never play a song until you tell it to.

If you're using auto-advance turned on (in the Playlist Controller) with non-looped clips, then no, there's no way. Most games loop the music clips and change songs explicitly. Then you can have every song in the same Playlist, simplifying things.

If you have to (and are willing) to use code, you can still do it. Let me know if so and I'll guide you.

49. username132323232

username132323232

I was thinking how to exclude a song in a playlist from auto-advance and thought that putting it as the last song and firing "Song Changed" event on the next-to-last song could do the trick. Is your coding solution along those lines?

50. jerotas

jerotas

No but that sounds simpler than what I was thinking. Give that a shot! As long as your playlist isn't on shuffle.