Search Unity

TextMesh Pro Massive lag in editor when selecting Text

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by CDF, Jun 19, 2018.

1. CDF

CDF

So this has been happening for a while now, I'm using Unity 2017.4 but this issue has existed since 2017.3. I realize there's a new version in 2018.x through package manager. But wanted to see if there's a workaround to my issue with the 2017 version.

When selecting text (first time only) there's a 120 second lag in the editor before the inspector updates. Here's a screenshot:

tmp_editor.png

121172.98ms in the TMP_UiEditorPanel.OnEnable method!

Any ideas why this method is taking so long? Again, it's only happening the first time, but still it's very frustrating to wait 2 minutes before I can edit some text.

The dll version is: TextMeshPro-2017.3-1.0.56-Editor

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Let's see if we can isolate whatever is causing this behavior.

Does this happen with all text objects including in a newly created scene with a single text object?

If yes, does this happen in a new project and new scene?

3. CDF

CDF

Ok, so I created a new project, no issue. The only difference was the location of TextMeshPro. At some point I must have placed TMP in the Standard Assets folder. Moving it out to the root directory fixed the issue :oops:

4. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

It is kind of strange that being in this alternative location would cause such a delay on object selection. This is something I will have to look at as although unlikely related to TMP, might be exposing some other issue in the editor.

CDF likes this.