Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

massive editor lag in project view

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by _met44, Feb 27, 2015.

1. _met44

_met44

Hey guys, Unity 5 is really cool but is it planed to fix the massive lag happening with the project view opened on big projects ? (60+Gigs)

I tried searching online for the issue but google didn't seem to be aware of it.

Side note, 4.6 didn't have the issue... (or at least, not at a scale that nearly prevents using it at all)

unity5editorlag.png

Regards,
    met

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  2. Carpe-Denius

Carpe-Denius

Have you filed a bug report?
    I have the same cpu usage for project and console.

3. _met44

_met44

I sadly can't :(, first I can't kill my bandwidth for the time it would take to upload such a lengthy archive and most importantly I'm just a contractor and I do not own the project...

4. Dantus

Dantus

There is an Update function being executed that takes a huge amount of time. Do you have an ExecuteInEditMode in one of your scripts? Or maybe in a 3rd party extension? Or do you have another window open that you are not showing?

5. _met44

_met44

Ok so I finally found out where the issue came from, was because of the P4Connect plugin.

I had to remove it because it was messing with other plugins and turns out the project view runs smoothly now :eek:

Too bad for the in editor version control I suppose :)

Thanks for trying to help guys, I really appreciate it !