Search Unity

Massive Clouds Atmos / Massive Clouds

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mewlist, Nov 9, 2018.

1. HIBIKI_entertainment

HIBIKI_entertainment

This is the pipeline not running/installed properly. There are bug associated with it, but also back end set ups

I noticed your main screenshot there has the HDRP medium quality RP asset as the source in the graphics.
    technically it doesn't matter all that much but can you replace it with the HDRP default asset instead?
    You should then be able to hit play or it'll just appear.

In general, though id run some A/B testing between a fresh project or a cloned project just because you've made pipeline changes and it's always good practice to check before integrating into live projects.

secondly, you can check the pipeline wizard under the windows tab to ensure things are set up as well.

Lastly,
    2020.3 does work with Massive ( see sky pic), but it's a safe bet this will be the last version that works mostly fine, but things will start to naturally wind down and not work as versions go forward, and the asset is no longer being updated.

2020.3 is likely going to be the main point where this asset will become depreciated in general so keep that in mind.

it's also worth noting that 2021.2 onwards has its own volumetric cloud solution as well.
    (unity vclouds pic)

Attached Files:

2. peizheqiyuquyouyong

peizheqiyuquyouyong

All right, I have another question. At present, the MassiveClouds.cs must be associated with camera. Do you have a solution separate from camera? If you have something to say, I hope you can give the solution details.
    In addition, massivecloud.cs can only modify the influence of some light, but can not modify the specific attributes of the cloud in real time, such as the thickness of the cloud and the motion speed of the cloud. I know this needs to modify the MassiveCloudsProfile and click play again to take effect. But is there a way to change it in real time?

3. HIBIKI_entertainment

HIBIKI_entertainment

For you, you'd always be bound to screen space because Massive Clouds is screen spaced rendering.
    Massive Clouds Atmos is the heavier Volumetric one that isn't tied to the camera.

Unfortunately, I can't help you further there as that's where the two assets vary and we have the latter one [atmos].

You may have some exposed API controls, you may have some controls that can be timelined, but I personally wouldn't know I'm afraid.

Attached Files:

ProtoPottyGames likes this.
  4. KillDashNine

KillDashNine

Hey! Thanks for the awesome clouds. My head's in them.

I took quite some time tweaking the screen space shadows. Somebody said they're "not syncing". I agree, they weren't syncing cos the quality setting needs to be high enough, otherwise they seem off sync with the visibility of the Sun (I'm using Procedural Skybox).

Try this:
    - Shadow color type: constant
    - Shadow color: bluish middle gray
    - Shadow: on
    - Shadow softness: 0
    - Shadow quality: 0.85
    - Shadow strength: 1
    - Shadow threshold: 0

Also, the Sun obviously needs to properly go behind the clouds. The parameters I found affecting this were:
    - Fade: set to 0
    - Far Dissolve: set to 0
    - Transparency: set to 0

I found there are many things that can go completely off in the settings so I thought to share my solution.

Last edited: May 24, 2022
    ProtoPottyGames likes this.
  5. netpost

netpost

@HIBIKI_entertainment Hi, I bought your marvelous asset a while ago and I was wondering how you can get the cloud volumetric effect like the jet plane flying in the cloud in the unity video. I am using Unity 2021.3.5f1 LTS in HDRP. Is that possible. At the moment when I enter the cloud they disappear. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

6. HIBIKI_entertainment

HIBIKI_entertainment

Hey @netpost, I'm so sorry if there has been some confusion somewhere, but we are a user of the asset the same as you.

Unfortunately the publisher/developer hasn't been around in sometime :c

7. connortaumoepeau

connortaumoepeau

I'm having a few issues with the VFX graph rendering order using Massive clouds.

VFX graph seems to render before clouds, wondering if I can render VFX graph in front of clouds or whether I can change this in the custom pass volume.

Note I'm using HDRP and Crest Ocean. If I set custom pass volume to render before Post process, clouds correctly render over transparent materials such as Crest. However this also renders over VFX Graph.

Has anyone managed to render VFX Graph over Massive Clouds?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
  8. lo-94

lo-94

Hello. Is this asset not usable in HDRP in Unity 2022+?

9. JJunior

JJunior

Hello, I need some help with Massive Clouds Atmos using build-in render pipeline. I am trying to have some environment lights from the skybox and have no success. The only way I get it is by using the procedural skybox, but it only update the sky colors :( Is it a limitation in the build-in render pipeline? If yes, I will have to look of some sort of hdr skybox blending.

10. Ronny-Presque-VU

Ronny-Presque-VU

Theres some way to "auto-hour" not so destructive to performance? I got your UI script and made my own but updating thelightning settings each frame is expensive, I didnt find it on your asset.

11. JJunior

JJunior

Hey @Ronny-Presque-VU, I did a script for this. You just have to attach it to atmos pad and uncheck the atmos pad "Update Environment On Change".

In this script you can control how often the DynamicGI is updated, and this can boot the performance.

here it is, enjoy it ;)

Code (CSharp):
    1. using Mewlist.MassiveClouds;
    2. using UnityEngine;
    4. public class AtmosHourChanger : MonoBehaviour
    5. {
    6.     public static AtmosHourChanger Instance;
    8.     [SerializeField] private int _cycleLengthInMinutes = 30;
    9.     [SerializeField] private float _timeContinuousSpeed = .01f;
    11.     [SerializeField] private bool _updateGI = true;
    12.     [SerializeField] private float _giUpdateHours = .5f;
    14.     private float _accumulatedHours = 0;
    16.     public bool UpdateGI { get => _updateGI; set => _updateGI = value; }
    18.     private void Start()
    19.     {
    20.         Instance = this;
    22.         _timeContinuousSpeed = 24f / (_cycleLengthInMinutes * 60f);
    23.     }
    25.     private void Update()
    26.     {
    27.         float x = _timeContinuousSpeed * Time.deltaTime;
    28.         SetHour(AtmosPad.instance.Hour + _timeContinuousSpeed * Time.deltaTime);
    29.         _accumulatedHours += x;
    30.     }
    32.     private void SetHour(float hour)
    33.     {
    34.         if (hour >=24)
    35.         {
    36.             hour = 0f + hour % 24;
    37.         }
    39.         AtmosPad.instance.SetHour(hour);
    40.         UpdateEnvironment();
    41.     }
    43.     private void UpdateEnvironment()
    44.     {
    45.         if (!UpdateGI) return;
    47.         if (_accumulatedHours >= _giUpdateHours)
    48.         {
    49.             _accumulatedHours = 0;
    50.             DynamicGI.UpdateEnvironment();
    51.         }
    52.     }
    53. }

12. FalconCK

FalconCK

y como hacer esto, tengo objetos debajo de las nubes y el orden de renderizado no se ve bien.

Attached Files:

13. frotagonist

frotagonist

I'm considering buying this asset but worried about three things

1) If the dev still supports the asset
    2) If it will work with my version of Unity 2020.34
    3) How performance is. Will it tank fps? Is there a lot of customization to keep it performant but still look good?

14. KillDashNine

KillDashNine

Last version's from 2021. I haven't needed support and found both the cloud and fog effects working and performant. Quality settings affect performance and IMO these are largely about how good shadows you want. I'm on Unity 2021 LTS.

Theres some tweaking to be done to get exactly the results you want, you need to decide what type of clouds you want in how many layers and then configure each of there separately, and these will need some tuning to make them look correct in all weather conditions and time of day. But in my game I have all these weathers and times of day and I have received satisfactory results.

15. bakanekofr

bakanekofr

Hi!

Is it possible to rotate the sky manually by script, like rotating a skybox on the Y axis?

Thanks!

16. KillDashNine

KillDashNine

Dno exactly what you mean, this is just clouds not sky.

The sky animation parameters has Phase (float) and Scroll Velocity (Vector3). Scroll velocity is the direction and speed of the clouds, and adjusting phase is like manually adjusting their position so they can go back and forth with respect to the velocity vector, and you can scroll the clouds with this back and forth.

17. bakanekofr

bakanekofr

I see. Thanks!

18. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks to the developer @mewlist We made this scene using Massive Clouds - Screen Space Volumetric Clouds :cool:

ElevenGame likes this.