Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Massive AR Drift When Staring at Random Point

Discussion in 'Handheld AR' started by KISP, Dec 11, 2018.

1. KISP

KISP

Hello,

I've noticed an occasional issue where my AR scene and planes suddenly jump to a position way off where they should be. I'm talking about jumping distances of 10 metres and over. Has anyone else experienced this? I haven't been able to reliably replicate this issue, but when it does occur the behaviour is always as follows:

- There is always a certain zone that triggers the jump if the AR camera is allowed to center on it.
    - You can return everything to where it should be by looking to an area (usually left) of the spot that triggered the jump
    - Uncertain, but it seems to occur when I've walked from one area with planes to another with planes. The scene usually jumps between the area I'm in and the area I was in before.

Any thoughts?

unityunity