Search Unity

Mass Object Placer (utility asset, looking for feedback)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by EMOTION-THEORY, Aug 22, 2015.

?

Asset Greenlight

Poll closed Sep 19, 2015.
  1. I would buy this!

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. I would NOT buy this because it is too expensive.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I would NOT buy this because I believe I could easily code it myself.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I would NOT buy this because it does not appear useful.

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  5. I would NOT buy this because of some other reason (please write a comment explaining why).

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. EMOTION-THEORY

EMOTION-THEORY

Hi everyone!

Emotion Theory's Mass Object Placer is an incredibly simple tool that lets you mass place objects in your game in a grid, circle, line, or shape.

I've technically released the asset already, available here:
    http://u3d.as/aLv

It's my first asset that's been around for a while floating at $5. I really wanted the experience of publishing something, which was great. I've recently received some email feedback about it and thought I would go back and make some improvements and additions in an update (version 1.1 pending approval).

As I still consider this a "soft release", I'm placing this thread in the Works in Progress, even though the Asset itself is fully functional and complete, I'd still like to possibly gauge some feedback before really letting the curtains roll.

I first made this tool for myself as I often find myself placing objects either in circle patterns or in grids or along lines. I've included instructions and believe the tool to be reasonably easy to use if you know the basics of Unity - most things are configured right in the inspector.

I'd really like your thoughts and opinions. Does the asset itself, in theory, look helpful? Based on what you've read, do you have any questions? Would you purchase the asset personally? What are your thoughts on the price point (thinking of bumping it up after some improvements)?

If you've purchased the asset, feel free to ask any questions right here, or email me: adam@emotiontheory.com

Anything and everything, let me know :)

Cheers!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  2. akareactor

akareactor

Does it working in runtime or editor only?

What about arrange objects inside a some volume?

Hypothermic likes this.
  3. Hypothermic

Hypothermic

Hello.. The demo is no longer available.. My questions reflect those user akastargazer

4. GrichDesign

GrichDesign

I'm thinking about picking this up but I haven't seen any updated reviews since 2016. Is this still working in current version?