Search Unity

Masks don't seem to work for Legacy animations

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Steven-1, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Steven-1

Steven-1

As the title says, when I use the legacy animations (because the other versions don't import the animation correctly), the masks don't seem to do anything.

I have a blend file with 2 rigged characters and a vehicle in it, I set the type to legacy as otherwise the animation isn't correct, but I want the ponytail of 1 of the characters to be procedurally animated, so I need the pontail-bones to be masked out so they don't have keyframes. (as the keyframes overwrite the procedural animations).

I this a know bug?

2. Steven-1

Steven-1

Anyone?

3. M-Elwy

M-Elwy

How did you configure the avatar? did you uncheck ponytail bones in mask transform configurations? do you have separate layer for ponytail bones? if yes what is the layer configuration?

4. Steven-1

Steven-1

No, it's not set as a humanoid, so there is no avatar. Like I said, I'm using the legacy system.
    The masks are not only for humanoid characters, at least they shouldn't be, I see no reason why Unity would limit it like that, as the masks simply disable/remove keyframes for specific bones.

5. M-Elwy

M-Elwy

How did you setup the masks?

6. Steven-1

Steven-1

What do you mean? The masks are no more than a checkbox per object. So I just unchecked the ones I don't want keyframes for.

7. M-Elwy

M-Elwy

Please share screenshot of the masks you use, and why don't you just remove/delete ponytail keys from the animation?

unityunity