Search Unity

Masking UI does not work on Android in Unity 5.3.5

Discussion in 'Android' started by psykojello2, Jun 15, 2016.

1. psykojello2

psykojello2

I've seen posts about this issue before, but they are over a year old for older versions of Unity. I'm using the latest non-beta version of Unity (5.3.5) and running into this issue.

UI Masks don't seem to be working correctly when I build to my android device (HTC One).

It used to work fine with Unity 5.1.3 and before.

Attaching expected and actual images to this thread. It looks like the masks work within their bounding box, but not using the alpha of the image. For the grey image with plants observe the bottom left corner - it doesn't round out, but still crops the image off at the bounding box.

Is there an easy fix for this? Should I roll back my changes to 5.1.3?

Expected (in Editor):
    expected.jpg
    Actual (on Android - HTC One): actual.png

2. psykojello2

psykojello2

I have submitted a bug to Unity regarding this. Here's my repro project if anyone's interested in taking a look.

Attached Files:

3. Vince_H

Vince_H

UI masking in Unity 5.X seems to be an issue a lot of the time. We have had issues on all our testing Samsung devices with masks not working. Masks causing weird masking effects on unintended objects. Masks simply not showing up.
    There was some talk about this regarding some map they blit on. Which sometimes runs out of depth. It doesn't seem to make a lot of sense, and the only bug submission i saw of it was really low on a "we might fix this" list. I hope these issues get resolved soon!

4. jdbenitez

jdbenitez

can i vote for this bug?

5. BrokenAngel

BrokenAngel

I got this bug too on my Oppo phone :(

6. florianpenzkofer

florianpenzkofer

Unity Technologies

This might have been fixed with 5.3.5p8 (Android: Fix clip() in ES3 shaders on some Adreno GPUs)

7. Mese

Mese

Not Fixed for Zuk Z1 phone