Search Unity

Bug MARS with URP render pipeline issues

Discussion in 'Unity MARS' started by samshool, Jun 7, 2020.

1. samshool

samshool

This issue is with using MARS with a Universal render pipeline. Many of us now using URP for AR experiences, anyone faced a problem where the room shaders show up as magenta and upgrading pipeline shaders wont fix all of them? Its a major set back as of now trying to visualize AR content in the rooms and havent been able to get past this issue. I always benefited from shader graph and vfx graph in AR experiences. any feedback/ workaround greatly appreciated!

Blarp and cam415 like this.
  2. jmunozarUTech

jmunozarUTech

Unity Technologies

hello @samshool,

The team is actively working on improving Unity MARS's rendering compatibility with URP in the upcoming releases.
    As of right now you can apply the base material shader for the SRP you are using to remove the magenta shaders.

If you see walls getting in the way to view your simulated content you can disable the mesh renderer component on those gameobjects (checkout MARS Panel -> Environment Hierarchy and find the walls game objects).

You can also click in the ">" button to edit your environment and change the materials easier
    Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 1.11.58 PM.png

If you still have magenta materials like the (GeneratedSimulatedPlane(Clone) material), you can change that material in

Packages/com.unity.mars/Runtime/Materials/SimulatedPlaneMaterial.mat

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  3. monoclesociety

monoclesociety

Funny, I can't see the MARS package in my Packages folder. but... it still playing. Suggestions? I'd love to change that shared material.

When can we see an update that fixes this issue?

4. jmunozarUTech

jmunozarUTech

Unity Technologies

so you have MARS with Sim views and whatnot but you dont have the MARS folder under packages ? Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 1.55.04 PM.png

5. samshool

samshool

i had a quick question about the packages folders, im trying to load a navmesh sample from the mARS navmesh folder but it wont let me as its readable only. How can i import that sample into my project?

6. jmunozarUTech

jmunozarUTech

Unity Technologies

@samshool try drag and dropping the scene into your assets solder in the project view. that should let you open the scene. Being said that; We will fix that.

7. zt3ff3n

zt3ff3n

This is my fresh Mars installed on 2020.3.5f1 URP 10.4.0 The pink I can live with/fix with replaced materials, but the trippy grid is a dealbreaker.

8. JonathanNUnity

JonathanNUnity

Unity Technologies

Hello @zt3ff3n, this is known artifact in the Simulation View when using URP and the shader for occlusion masking. This is an editor only artifact and will see the camera pass through background if you have a `ARBackgroundRendererFeature` assigned to your URP forward render asset as expected. In editor you can assign a different `Plane Prefab` in the `MARS Plane Visualizer` that does not have an occlusion material applied like the `PlaneGeometryVisuals`.
    upload_2021-9-21_18-8-23.png