Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question MARS Setup fails : Inaccessible due to protection level

Discussion in 'Unity MARS' started by RoryMercantile, Dec 9, 2022.

1. RoryMercantile

RoryMercantile

Hi there --

I'm having troubles getting MARS working with an existing AR project in 2020.3.20f1 on M1 Macbook Pro --

I was able to go through the MARS tutorial in a new project when downloading the samples and tutorials, but when I tried adding it to an existing project, it started forcing me into Safe MODE with some 150 errors or so. I think part of that was that I hadn't signed up and started the trial subscription, but now I've got the subscription showing, and it's showing in my subscriptions, but opening up my existing project sends me into safe mode with various "Inaccessible due to protection level" in the Mars Pop up Field and the SimulationModeField, and if I exit safe mode, neither the MARS item or the Content Manager show up in the Window drop down.

I've tried signing out of Unity Hub and signing back in, rebooting, etc., and it doesn't help.

I've followed the guidance to install through the custom package, etc, but it doesn't seem to be tracking. I figure this is a newbie error but would love some help :)

thanks!

Rory