Search Unity

Marmoset Skyshop - Image-Based Lighting Tools [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by monkeyscience, May 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Sorry to necro this... I was looking for something like this this morning with a custom sky panorama that I made with VUE... this solves my problem PERFECTLY

2. Ony

Ony

It's late and I'm tired so maybe I'm just missing something obvious, but I'm off to bed and thought I'd post this in the hopes there's an answer by morning.

Using Unity 5.3.1.4f1, with Skyshop 1.12.4, and on building for Windows standalone, I get the following errors (they didn't show up when I built in 5.2.3f1. Any help would be appreciated.

--------------------------------------------------------
    Shader error in 'Marmoset/Specular IBL': Too many output registers declared (12). When no output register has been declared with the semantic 'psize0', 11 o# registers are available. When an o# register has been declared with the semantic 'psize0' (same as 'psize'), 12 registers are available. at UnityCG.cginc(114) (on d3d9)

Compiling Vertex program with LIGHTMAP_ON DIRLIGHTMAP_COMBINED DYNAMICLIGHTMAP_OFF FOG_EXP2 HDR_LIGHT_PREPASS_OFF MARMO_BOX_PROJECTION_OFF MARMO_SKY_BLEND_OFF
    Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING

Shader error in 'Marmoset/Transparent/Cutout/Specular IBL': Too many output registers declared (12). When no output register has been declared with the semantic 'psize0', 11 o# registers are available. When an o# register has been declared with the semantic 'psize0' (same as 'psize'), 12 registers are available. at UnityCG.cginc(114) (on d3d9)

Compiling Vertex program with LIGHTMAP_ON DIRLIGHTMAP_COMBINED DYNAMICLIGHTMAP_OFF FOG_EXP2 HDR_LIGHT_PREPASS_OFF MARMO_BOX_PROJECTION_OFF MARMO_SKY_BLEND_OFF
    Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING

Shader error in 'Marmoset/Self-Illumin/Specular IBL': Too many output registers declared (12). When no output register has been declared with the semantic 'psize0', 11 o# registers are available. When an o# register has been declared with the semantic 'psize0' (same as 'psize'), 12 registers are available. at UnityCG.cginc(114) (on d3d9)

Shader error in 'Marmoset/Diffuse IBL': Too many output registers declared (12). When no output register has been declared with the semantic 'psize0', 11 o# registers are available. When an o# register has been declared with the semantic 'psize0' (same as 'psize'), 12 registers are available. at UnityCG.cginc(114) (on d3d9)

Compiling Vertex program with LIGHTMAP_ON DIRLIGHTMAP_COMBINED DYNAMICLIGHTMAP_OFF FOG_EXP2 HDR_LIGHT_PREPASS_OFF MARMO_SKY_BLEND_OFF

Shader error in 'Marmoset/Self-Illumin/Diffuse IBL': Too many output registers declared (12). When no output register has been declared with the semantic 'psize0', 11 o# registers are available. When an o# register has been declared with the semantic 'psize0' (same as 'psize'), 12 registers are available. at UnityCG.cginc(114) (on d3d9)

Compiling Vertex program with LIGHTMAP_ON DIRLIGHTMAP_COMBINED DYNAMICLIGHTMAP_OFF FOG_EXP2 HDR_LIGHT_PREPASS_OFF MARMO_SKY_BLEND_OFF

--------------------------------------------------------

3. recon0303

recon0303

I noticed he has been gone for a month , so I will try to help you as much as I can. I have noticed that I get some errors when I update... with this asset, this asset needs an update badly... Its been over 6 months... Anyways, have you uninstalled it?? and try a fresh install?? If not try that first... Or you can do this first ... If it don't work try Step 1, then Step 2.

If it still does that, try this.if you turn off fog rendering in the Lightmap settings.. Let me know if it fixed any of those issues..

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  4. SunnyChow

SunnyChow

Is it possible to create new Sky, with one panorama texture in runtime, with script?

5. MrMatthias

MrMatthias

Given a photo, what would be a good metric to correlate that image with a predefined set of images used for Image based Lighting with Skyshop to choose the most fitting one in an AR context? Calculate average colors?, correlate color histograms?, maybe some DSP?
    It should run on a mobile device, maybe every few seconds in a background thread.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  6. magique

magique

If anyone is looking for support in this thread you might as well just forget it. I submitted a question nearly a month ago and still have heard nothing. I would never buy this product with such abysmal support.

[EDIT] Almost 3 months now and still no support responses in this thread.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
    recon0303 likes this.
  7. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

is there a water somewhere easy to modify to make it work with skyshop? (using shaderforg for example)

8. recon0303

recon0303

ya. I still don't understand why bother still selling a product, only to ignore people. This happens all the time .sadly.. Which make you think twice before buying an asset..

9. recon0303

recon0303

can you give more info? what do you mean.
    I make my own with Shader Forge and with out with Skyshop .

I had some issues with some shaders in the past with Skyshop.

10. Almakos

Almakos

Seems Skyshop doesn't support 5.4
    none of the shaders work
    getting error similar to this on all shaders:

11. lazygunn

lazygunn

I think it's still available for use with older versions of unity. Unity's own standard shader and PBR approach is pretty similar to skyshops. A modern supported Unity 5 shader pack is something more like Alloy or UBER

12. kimsama

kimsama

I just tried clean install of latest skyshop version into Unity 5.4.0f3 on windows and it works any problems.

By the way the above error is not of shade code compatibility problem but some path one. Check your skyshop's installed path within Unity.

I had similar problem when I move Marmoset folder into any other one not under the Assets folder.

Cheers,

-Kim

13. Ony

Ony

Updated to Unity 5.4.0f3 on Windows 7 64bit and getting the following error:

get_hideFlags is not allowed to be called from a ScriptableObject constructor (or instance field initializer), call it in OnEnable instead. Called from ScriptableObject 'CubemapGUI'.
    See "Script Serialization" page in the Unity Manual for further details.
    UnityEngine.Object:get_hideFlags()
    mset.CubemapGUI:.ctor() (at Assets/Marmoset/Skyshop/Editor/CubemapGUI.cs:119)

Tried a fresh install of Skyshop and still the same.

14. recon0303

recon0303

Looks like Skyshop got a update finally...

Support for all rendering paths This was so needed... We had to ditch Skyshop, looks like we can use possible again..

Ony likes this.
  15. magique

magique

But still no support. No thanks, but I won't buy products with no support.

16. monkeyscience

monkeyscience

Good eye, Recon0303, you beat me to the punch! Looks like the update went live late last night.

Skyshop 1.12.5 Hotfix

This patch addresses issues that have arisen with Unity 5.4's new scene management system. Users still on Unity 5.3 or early do not need this update.

Change Log
    Unity 5.4 Fixes:
    - Switched OnSceneWasLoaded calls to use SceneManager
    - Switched isCubemap flags to use TextureDimension.cube
    - Removed hiddenFlag checks from CubeGUI constructor (it is forbidden).

Tiny-Tree likes this.
  17. recon0303

recon0303

Ugh.... its a great tool to, what is there deal with the support??? You guys really need to get the support right... I have tried to help people too since I like the tool..... You guys need to get your support in order so people can use this tool. I don't need the support right now, but it would be nice in case I do.

18. topofsteel

topofsteel

19. monkeyscience

monkeyscience

WebGL requires the use of mobile shaders. The WebGL feature spec is very close to OpenGLES with many of the same limits imposed by mobile GPUs.

Try this:
    Go to the Edit->Skyshop menu at the top and select "Convert Scene to Mobile". This will convert all Marmoset materials in your scene to their Marmoset/Mobile/ equivalents. There is even an option to convert the whole project.

20. monkeyscience

monkeyscience

The quickest way to reach Marmoset support is to email support@marmoset.co. If you have urgent questions, your shaders are on fire, and a project deadline looms, please email us directly. We have dedicated staff reading all your questions, answering the easy ones, and passing the tricky ones over to the engineers (like me!).

Recon0303 I know I've had extensive discussions about this with you before. I'm going to insist you not cry "foul" publicly until you try it. Try it. Try support@marmoset.co, they're real nice, I promise.

StaffanEk likes this.
  21. recon0303

recon0303

eh?

So don't single me out , look at others reporting no support.... for weeks, months.

Try what, I been supporting your tool and answering questions when you do not... So please do not make a rude comment like such, I'm not being paid or anything I do it because I happen to like the tool.... and it the past I have emailed you and you sir took awhile to reply.... or not at all..

That is me helping your customers, so something I didn't have to do.. So I find that to be a bit rude...I will stop helping when your gone for months.. no problem.. sounds like you don't appreciate it.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    Almakos and nxrighthere like this.
  22. Ony

Ony

Using Marmoset Skyshop 1.12.5 and Unity 5.4.2f2: Beta skin shaders show up black. Other Marmoset shaders work fine, but the beta skin ones are pure black. This happened in Unity 5.4.1f1 also. They've been working fine for almost two years so this is a new thing.

I'm using Windows 7-64 with 16GB RAM and a GeForce GTX 1070, for the record.

Any idea how to fix this?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  23. Superflat

Superflat

Which shader do i use if i have 4 maps? Diffuse, Specular, Gloss and Normal.
    This is for mobile.

24. monkeyscience

monkeyscience

Ony,
    are you still seeing this with a simple Unity project? I'm unable to replicate the problem even though our PCs are nearly identical.
    What rendering path are you using, forward, deferred, or legacy deferred?
    Is skin showing up black in the editor too or only when you build the actual app?

25. monkeyscience

monkeyscience

Unfortunately texture samplers are at a premium especially on mobile and you will have to combine the specular and gloss maps into one. Put the gloss into the alpha channel of the spec map and use Marmoset/Mobile/Bumped Specular IBL.

Superflat likes this.
  26. Ony

Ony

Turns out it's something in my project, but I'm not sure what. The project is huge with several third party assets so it's difficult to narrow it down. I've solved it by adding a directional light set to black with 0.001 intensity (so it doesn't actually "light" anything). As long as that light is on (and set to Important) the figures aren't black. Very strange but yes I've confirmed that it only happens in my project.

Using Deferred/Linear for the record. And it happens in the Editor and builds.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  27. kdm3d

kdm3d

I'm swapping out the Specular Cube via script at runtime between a couple of different cubemaps. The specular reflections are updating, but not the diffuse lighting. I have noticed that when in play mode in the editor, diffuse lighting will update if the sky object is selected in the hierarchy. Is there a function I can call to manually update the diffuse lighting? I know its a little slow to be practical at runtime, but that's not important for my current application.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  28. monkeyscience

monkeyscience

You could try calling SkyManager's GameApplySkies(true). True forces all skies to apply themselves to all the objects they touch. There are probably quicker, surgical ways to get diffuse to update but this is a good catch-all.

Code (csharp):
    1. mset.SkyManager manager = mset.SkyManager.Get();
    2. manager.GameApplySkies(true);
    Let me know if that works.

29. recon0303

recon0303

Tested some of the mobile terrain shaders, all of them are black.. The simple one seems fine..But I need the others. Any idea? Thanks.

30. monkeyscience

monkeyscience

I ran a quick test of both mobile terrain shaders in an iOS project in Unity 5.4.1f1 and they seem to work for me.

Couple of questions for you:
    Which shader are you trying to use?
    Which platform are you building for?
    Are the shaders turning black in the editor or just on the device?

Skyshop ships with two mobile terrain shaders:
    Marmoset/Mobile/Terrain/Terrain Diffuse IBL
    Marmoset/Mobile/Terrain/Terrain Specular IBL

The non-mobile terrain shaders sample too many textures to be able to run on GLES 2 devices and platforms (including WebGL). They will fail to compile and Unity will revert to built-in shaders, without IBL, hence the blackness.

31. recon0303

recon0303

I tried all of them mobile terrain shaders.

They are turning black in the editor, I have not ran it yet since it was black in the editor.

I'm building for Android,.

I can take screenshots if you like?

using 5.4.2

32. kdm3d

kdm3d

That's the last thing I tried before posting here. no luck.

public void SetLighting(int lightingID)
    {
    for (int i = 0; i < models.Lighting.Length; i++)
    {
    if (i == lightingID)
    {
    sceneSky.SpecularCube = models.Lighting;
    sceneSky.DiffIntensity = models.DiffuseIntensity;
    sceneSky.SpecIntensity = models.SpecularIntensity;
    mainDirectionalLight.transform.localEulerAngles = models.DirectionalLightRotations;
    sceneManager.GameApplySkies(true);
    }
    }
    }

There's the function I'm calling via Unity's UI button.

33. monkeyscience

monkeyscience

Oh! I think I misunderstood your question. I wrote a little test script and it turns out this is easier to do at runtime than I expected:

You'll need to generate spherical harmonic diffuse lighting data from the specular cubemap. This diffuse data is stored in a class called mset.SHEncoding and is generated by some utility functions in mset.SHUtil. Once computed, copy the SH data into your actual Sky object, tell the Sky object to get it ready for rendering (buffer the data), and Skyshop should take care of the rest.

Code (csharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using System.Collections;
    4. public class CubeSwap : MonoBehaviour {
    5.     public Cubemap[] cubeList;
    6.     private int current = 0;
    8.     public mset.Sky targetSky;
    10.     void Start () {
    11.     }
    13.     void Update () {
    14.         if( Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.S) ) {          
    15.             //Swap!
    16.             current = (current + 1) % cubeList.Length;
    17.             Cubemap cube = cubeList[current];
    19.             bool textureIsHDR = true; //true if you have RGBM encoded cubemaps, false if not          
    20.             if (targetSky) {
    21.                 mset.SHEncoding encoding = new mset.SHEncoding();                //create new data structure for spherical harmonics to live in
    22.                 mset.SHUtil.projectCube(ref encoding, cube, 0, textureIsHDR);    //convert cubemap into spherical harmonics data
    23.                 mset.SHUtil.convolve(ref encoding);                             //compute diffuse SH data
    25.                 targetSky.SpecularCube = cube;
    26.                 targetSky.SH.copyFrom(encoding); //copy SH data into the target Sky object
    27.                 targetSky.SH.copyToBuffer();          //prepare SH data for use by shaders
    28.             }
    29.         }
    30.     }
    31. }
    In a dynamic scene you may still need to force GameApplySkies but try without it first.

34. monkeyscience

monkeyscience

Here's what I'm seeing, now with 5.4.3 and Android on Windows:
    upload_2016-11-29_13-38-1.png

Could you try a very simple test scene to make sure nothing else is going wrong?

I've included some terrain and project settings inspectors as a reference. You'll want to make sure you have:
    - A sky manager
    - A sky object
    - A custom material on your terrain object
    - A Marmoset/Mobile/Terrain/* shader on that material

Also double-check your Lighting settings. Unity shouldn't be able to override the lighting Skyshop renders with but just in case, set the built-in ambient lighting to nothing but the color black and see what Skyshop is coming up with.

35. kdm3d

kdm3d

Worked great! thanks!

36. recon0303

recon0303

double check lighting settings? can you give me more info on what you mean here? or where I should check this, I know where the lighting settings are..Just want to be clear.. I will double check everything..

A sky manager Checked!
    - A sky object Checked !
    - A custom material on your terrain object Checked !
    - A Marmoset/Mobile/Terrain/* shader on that material Checked!

Attached Files:

• Sky1.png
      Sky1.png
      File size:
      366.9 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  37. monkeyscience

monkeyscience

This is what I set my lighting settings to:
    upload_2016-11-30_10-46-22.png

Skybox: SkyboxMat
    Set by Skyshop automatically.

Ambient Source: Color
    Ambient Color: Black

This makes sure Unity is not adding additional environment light to the scene.

If you're seeing a black terrain though, something else must be up.

More questions for you:
    What does your skybox look like?
    What do other models with marmoset shaders look like? Add a sphere with Marmoset/Mobile/Diffuse IBL or something.
    Could Terrain Composer 2 be interfering with anything? I've not tried that asset.

I discovered a terrain shader reflection bug, meanwhile, and I'm working on it. Perhaps it's related. The terrain system normals or tangents seem to have changed and now reflections are sideways.
    upload_2016-11-30_13-38-1.png

38. recon0303

recon0303

I will get back to you later today, doubt its TC2, as no one else has reported anything, and I tried with non TC2 as well as a test. Thanks for the settings, going to check mine, and let you know about your questions once I work on this later tonight after the kids are in bed.

Thanks for your help.

Edit: Think I found the issue my Base Map was set to high. at default.

I believe , this fixed it.. I need to test more but its not black anymore. from what I can tell, but need to do further testing.

Edit2: Never mind same issue is there..

I made sure lighting is the same..

Skybox looks fine.

39. recon0303

recon0303

Ok , lol, I fixed it this time for sure.. I had to make some more adjustments on the shader color, intensity and the actually lighting of the scene. its a little dark still but I can fix that later..

So you where right had to be something else messed up.. Thanks for the help. Its all fixed .

This is an example an idea why this would happen?? this is an example scene which has the same issue, I been fighting with, alot of Unity mobile games with terrains I see the same issue, Thrieve Lands, Vast and others... So any idea what is causing this, this is why I wanted to try SKy shop again hoping it would fix this issue, since this was my issue before.

Looks fine in the editor, but on build on Android this happens.

Attached Files:

40. SunnyChow

SunnyChow

May i ask what is the benefit between this plugin and using unity standard shader? it's a good plugin for Unity 4. But now Unity has its own PBR shader and the lighting/reflection probe natively is supporting it

41. recon0303

recon0303

Any idea what is causing this I did add it to a test scene with out TC, or any asset but Skyshop... Other people got the issue as well, I see in some games, so I was hoping Skyshop would fix it, seems like it has not..

I'm at a loss here. I really want to use Skyshop, since everything else looks great, but having so much trouble with this issue... Thanks!

the image is in the other post.

42. Marmoset-Co

Marmoset-Co

The attached image? I have no idea what would cause that. It looks like bad texture filtering or some software alternative to texture filtering that stops working when your texels are 3 feet wide. Alternatives to texture filtering are something I could certainly see mobile driver engineers trying.

43. Marmoset-Co

Marmoset-Co

hotfix_1126.jpg

Skyshop version 1.12.6 is out!
    This is a patch for Unity 5.4 and 5.5 users. Unity 5.4 introduced a few terrain shader issues. Unity 5.5 deprecated some cubemap and texture asset API, leading to console warnings and such. This patch should clear both up.

Check it out here or update through the Unity in-app Asset Store. Be sure to update with the right version of Unity for your project.

Skyshop 1.12.6 change log
    Unity 5.5 Fixes:
    - Fixed deprecated texture & cubemap API calls

Unity 5.4+ Fixes:
    - Fixed rotated cubemap reflections in all terrain shaders.
    - Fixed simple terrain shaders running out of interpolants (disabled direct lightmapping in shader model 3).
    - Fixed a potential divide by zero in terrain shaders with zero fade range.

44. magique

magique

@Marmoset-Co Can you take the time to answer the support questions that have been piling up for months?

recon0303 likes this.
  45. dmzl

dmzl

Hi guys
    Did you have a chance to test marmoset materials into Unity Look Dev? Does it work? For me, everything looks black

46. Marmoset-Co

Marmoset-Co

Certainly! We are here to help. If you feel a question has been overlooked, please re-post it or bump a link. Or email us directly at support@marmoset.co

47. Marmoset-Co

Marmoset-Co

We have not tested Skyshop with Unity Look Dev extensively, no. It looks like this is still an experimental feature of Unity. Look Dev might not work with all custom materials and shaders yet. Marmoset's shaders require some special IBL data to be sent to them by the sky manager. If that data is missing, Marmoset materials may appear black.

48. magique

magique

How about instead that you look at all the posts from the last time you were here several months ago and answer them one by one?

49. Marmoset-Co

Marmoset-Co

Let's take a look.

1. Yes. Skyshop does not natively support run-time updates to specular cubemaps or diffuse IBL data. It is now possible in Unity 5 but requires extra scripting (see this post).

2. No, Skyshop is not integrated with Time of Day or uSky. Skyshop supports dynamic changes to direct light sources like the sun but does not handle changes to ambient light sources like the skybox.

3. Indoor scenes can still be lit by reflection cubemaps. Much like Unity's reflection probes, Skyshop can capture cubemaps from each room and light objects within some bounds with it.

4. We have not tested Skyshop with Vertex Tools Pro. Skyshop includes a few shaders that take advantage of vertex painted meshes, including shaders that treat vertex color as ambient and reflective occlusion. However no vertex color layered materials are available at this time.

5. It is unlikely that Skyshop will work with UBER though we have not tested it. Skyshop requires the use of Marmoset shaders while UBER seems to be its own suite of shaders intended for Unity 5's native IBL system.

50. MP-ul

MP-ul

Ahm Sorry for asking here but idk where else?!
    I want to ask about the performance of skyshops shaders for Mobile devices! I got a phone with a GPU mali T720 and CPU MediaTek MTK6735M quad core and I am looking to make a small Multiplayer FPS shooter for Andoid! And thats my question. Just so I know before I buy the asset. And again I'm sorry if i posted in the wrong section

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.