Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Marking folder as addressable. Naming and excludes.

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by AndersonDev, Jul 22, 2019.

1. AndersonDev

AndersonDev

When you marking folder as addressables it group all assets in tree and give names. It also plays nicely when you rename folder address. But here are several points:
    - It'll nice to have possibility to control naming inside folder without marking each one. Especially some check box to remove file extensions (.png, .assets);
    - Possibility to exclude some assets inside folder;
    - Change name of asset relatively to parent marked folder.

ErotesGames likes this.
  2. Favo-Yang

Favo-Yang

I just tested the folder behaviour. It is a decent implementation.

What works (when you "Save Project")
    - Add new sub-content to folder, including sub-folder.
    - Delete sub-content
    - Rename sub-content

What won't work
    - Rename top level folder won't sync to address name, however this is consistent with previous behaviour.
    - You can not change address of sub-content (or simplify name) in Addressables panel. But as said, you can change the file name in Project panel.

File ignore feature sounds useful when working with folder.

github.com/favoyang/unity-addressable-importer gives you more finer control. Ignore feature is not implement either, but you may find a workaround with regex matching.

3. AndersonDev

AndersonDev

Ye, I seen your importer. For me the main feature is ability to remove file extensions and add excludes.

unityunity